Kolo Toure suspended (MERGED)

Marvin said:
silvasilvasilva said:
If its diet pills he might get pretty serious ban you would think, if you take steroids you unnaturally want to put on muscle to gain an advantage, by taking diet pills you are unnaturally trying to lose weight which if your carrying a bit extra definately gives you an advantage, imagine they might take a grim view, obviously dont know the details yet though.
Are you comparing steroids and diet pills? They are at opposite ends of the scale and the idea that a footballer gets a competitive advantage by taking diet pills is ridiculous.

People do lots of stupid things when it comes to weight control

-- Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:51 pm --

silvasilvasilva said:
If its diet pills he might get pretty serious ban you would think, if you take steroids you unnaturally want to put on muscle to gain an advantage, by taking diet pills you are unnaturally trying to lose weight which if your carrying a bit extra definately gives you an advantage, imagine they might take a grim view, obviously dont know the details yet though.
Are you comparing steroids and diet pills? They are at opposite ends of the scale and the idea that a footballer gets a competitive advantage by taking diet pills is ridiculous.

People do lots of stupid things when it comes to weight control

yeh i am comparing them in a footballing context, steroids obviously far more serious being illegal but the point is that if you take a series of diet pills (not just one) but a course of them that contain a banned substance whether you know it or not, you are not doing it to look thinner in the mirror as a professional sportsman are you, you are doing it to gain an advantage within football, be it to help cement your place in the team or improve stamina/speed by carrying less weight. In such a case i think it is easier to compare the effects to steroids rather than party drugs or ingrediants within cough medicine that players have been banned for so i think the punishment would be stricter. Obviously all hypothetical and not claiming toure was tanking the diet pills or anything.

ballymunblue said:
he would have to be very dim not to realize these tablets could cause a problem.
the shef united keeper paddy kenny got a nine month ban for taking cough medicine because one of the ingredients was on the banned list
what kolo did was stupid and reckless
Was gonna say; it obviously wasn't diet pills!!

:-)

How come Mancini didn't foresee this happening and signed David Luiz in the January transfer window?

This might be an error of judgement that Mancini will live to regret...

The reason non-recreational and non-performance enhancing drugs are on the banned list is due to the fact they mask other recreational and performance enhancing substances.

You could have, for example, high levels of testosterone in your system but taking, for example, ephedrine, would mask those levels.

Soulboy said:
How come Mancini didn't foresee this happening and signed David Luiz in the January transfer window?

Eh ? He's not Mystic fucking Meg you know.

...should he not have simply considered a gastric band (or should that be banned?).......

minor scar, no drugs, lose loads of weight - simple!

Soulboy said:

Well, there's that pesky detail where it's been widely reported we made an offer and he decided he wanted to go to Chelsea. Other than that, sure.

Soulboy said:

Yes I agree!

And whilst were at it how come he has not "foreseen" next weeks lottery numbers or what the price of Oil will be next week! How come he did not "foresee" the situation in the middle east, this forum demands answers or the man should walk!

I mean being the manager of Manchester City gives you God like powers to "Foresee" every situation

The mind really does boggle!

stony said:
Soulboy said:

Eh ? He's not Mystic fucking Meg you know.
I think Soulboy is mocking some of the 'fans' here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.