Kompany "allegedly" out for 3-4 weeks (merged)

No reason to think that Kompany will be dogged all season by injuries.

This is a groin injury - completely different to the calf injury he had.

Nasty alongside Garcia will probably be the short term cover for Kompany. Or Nasty and Lescott

I think Nastasic, Lescott and Garcia will be good enough until Vinny gets back (which will be before the derby hopefully). Pellegrini doesn't seem to care too much for left footers on the left and right footers on the right as Kompany and Lescott switched sides a lot against Newcastle and when Garcia came on he played left side and Lescott played right side.

I personally don't think it matters to much. If you play a left sider on the left then he'll be stronger defending the outside (left) and weaker defending the inside (right/centre) and vice versa.

3-4 weeks is not too bad. I think we should not rush him at all. Its better to have him available later on in the season if we get far in the Champions League than quickly getting him into the team again.

Garcia at CB? did anyone not sea the debacle that was Bayern in the Audi cup? with Lescott and Garcia it was more like keystone cops, get Micah in, at least he has a good leap, and pace to cover any failings, Garcia and Lescott will get taken apart as a pair.

For those who don't think we need to sign a top quality centre back, just imagine if that injury had ruled Kompany out for 3-4 months rather than weeks. We'd be fucked.

Bewar3them00n said:
Garcia at CB? did anyone not sea the debacle that was Bayern in the Audi cup? with Lescott and Garcia it was more like keystone cops, get Micah in, at least he has a good leap, and pace to cover any failings, Garcia and Lescott will get taken apart as a pair.

Garcia and Lescott didn't play against Bayern, you mean Milan. They were poor in that match because we played a high line and they had pretty much no protection from the midfield or from the full backs. They're both capable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.