Kompany "allegedly" out for 3-4 weeks (merged)

Re: Kompany out for 3-4 weeks

karen7 said:
There is an international break so probably only cardiff and hull matches

For the first time in my life I'm thankful for an international break. The idea of Garcia at CB for more than two games makes me shudder.

3-4 Weeks is actually better than I feared (if that's correct). Groin injuries can be notoriously difficult to treat, because of awkward access to the damage and difficulty to immobilise the use of the groin. They can also be persistent and recurring, so 3-4 weeks for a full recovery would be as good as we can hope for imo. Nastasic could well be back soon, and I have every faith in Joleon; he's a top defender, particularly defending balls in to the box, which we can expect to encounter over the next few games. Vinny back for the derby would be the goal, I guess.

Re: Kompany

BimboBob said:
If Richards is as fit as they say then him and Lescott should start. But as he's not it will be Garcia alongside him.

Unfortunately Micah insured himself, yet again, didn't he? He wasn't even on the bench on Monday.
He's a fragile giant the lad.

I don't have a problem with Garcia at centre half, he's done OK there in the past.

The two games he had there last season were 0-0 at QPR and he did more than enough and Southampton away - where he was landed with Joe Hart flapping and stuck behind a knackered Yaya and Barry who was away with the fairies that night and gave no protection or support whatsoever.

If Yaya and Fernandinho do their job then Garcia should be fine, he's no Kompany, but then nobody is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.