Kompany "allegedly" out for 3-4 weeks (merged)

Re: Kompany "allegedly" out for 3-4 weeks

The only bad point of the game, for me.

We were fannying around with possession and that ultimately got Kompany injured as we lost the ball after 30 seconds of pointless little three yard passes that got us absolutely nowhere, Ameobi broke away and Kompany had to cover for Yaya, Navas, Nasri and Fernandinho's stupid passage of play and put in a sliding tackle that hurt his groin.

It was completely preventable had we had our heads screwed on with the ball for that short space of time.

Re: Kompany out for 3-4 weeks

Pigeonho said:
He's basing that on watching the footage?

Not got my fixtures in front of me but if it is 3-4 weeks, is that before or after the derby? We all know how Vincent likes his derbies!

The derby is Sunday 22nd September, so that's 32 days away, so between 4 and 5 weeks off. If this initial guesswork with regards to the recovery time is accurate he should just about be back for the derby, and only miss the Cardiff, Hull and Stoke games in the league. However our first group game in the Champion's League will be either the 17th or 18th September, so that's just 27 or 28 days away, bang on the 4 week point. It's possible he won't be available for that.

Re: Kompany out for 3-4 weeks

SWP's back said:
Skilly McRailnob said:
so they know the extent of the injury from watching a replay on video?
Bollocks. The title of the thread should be changed. Needless scaremongering until a scan has been undertaken.

-- Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:57 pm --

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Skilly McRailnob said:
so they know the extent of the injury from watching a replay on video?

Oh right I should of read the whole article, load of balls. i will wait for the professional assessment
Have. Just never fucking of.

Its da grandma police. ;)

Kompany's Groin

Is exceptionally long it seems

circa 2'30'

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Interviews/2013/City-v-Newcastle-Manuel-Pellegrini-reaction" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Interviews ... i-reaction</a>[/quote]

Ha no, I am just determined to teach Sean this one thing in life. I have been trying for just over 3 years now.

We need nasty back soon as, dont want to see garcia starting there....jesus no

I will astonished if we haven't got a back up for Kompany sorted this week, even if its just an agreed deal.

Lets be honest, without Vinny we look absolutely dire at the back, for a start Garcia is not a center back and secondly the pairing of Garcia and Lescott is below average, we saw that against Milan's B team when they let in three in 5 minutes.

I hope he can be back sooner than the 3-4 weeks stated, not only do we need him for the league games but he could potentially miss the first CL game.

It's pretty clear that the chances of getting a top side or two in our group is very likely, what happens if we have to go Barcelona away on the first game without Kompany?? We know from the last couple of years in the CL that you cannot afford to lose your first game.

Re: Kompany's Groin

Was a bit needless that tackle last night in my opinion , the Newcastle player was out wide and not really going anywhere .... i doubt he'd have done anything with it even if kompany hadn't of lunged in !

Far too many injuries to Vincent Kompany in recent times.

Re: Kompany "allegedly" out for 3-4 weeks (merged)

I'll wait till we hear something more official from the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.