Kompany "allegedly" out for 3-4 weeks (merged)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-city/10253699/Vincent-Kompany-injury-may-force-Manchester-City-to-step-up-efforts-to-sign-new-defender.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... ender.html</a>
Pellegrini thinks 1-2 weeks.

Although Manchester City marked Pellegrini’s first game in charge with a display of sublime attacking football against Alan Pardew’s team, the loss of Kompany in the second half took the shine off a hugely impressive performance by the home team.
With Matija Nastasic only recently returned to training following a pre-season ankle injury and Micah Richards facing a month on the sidelines with a hamstring injury, Kompany’s injury leaves Joleon Lescott as the only fit centre-half available to Pellegrini.
The City manager continues to pursue efforts to sign Pepe, the Real Madrid defender, and Atletico Madrid centre-half Martín Demichelis, but the Chilean is hopeful that Kompany’s injury will lead to nothing more serious than a two-week lay-off.
“With Kompany, we will see tomorrow how he is when the doctor sees him,” Pellegrini said. “I can’t tell you exactly what happened, but it is not a serious injury and will possibly be one or two weeks.
“The most pleasing aspect of this game was how the team played tonight, though. We had the attitude to play as an aggressive, offensive team and we continued that for 90 minutes.
Related Articles
Slick City open Pellegrini era in style 19 Aug 2013
Five things we learnt from Pellegrini's City 19 Aug 2013
Zabaleta signs new deal with City 19 Aug 2013
Carragher finds his voice on TV debut 20 Aug 2013
Manchester City v Newcastle United: as it happened 19 Aug 2013
Pellegrini plots quiet revolution 18 Aug 2013
“I don’t think it is a dream start, but it is a very good start. I was very confident that the team would do well. We worked very hard in pre-season to play another style of football, but this is the first match and we did very well.”
Pellegrini’s arrival appears to have injected greater enthusiasm and adventure into a City team that had become predictable and unhappy under former manager Roberto Mancini.
Striker Edin Dzeko, who impressed despite failing to score, admits that the new manager has given himself and City belief.
“The new manager brings something to us and especially to me,” Dzeko said. “He has given me confidence and that is what I needed.
“Maybe it was a perfect start. We scored four goals and didn’t concede any and I think we played a fantastic match, not only for 45 minutes but 90, which the manager expects from us.
“We played the first game at home and wanted to show everyone what we are capable of. We could have scored maybe a few more. I wanted so badly to get one myself but at the end we won the game and that is the most important thing for us.”
Newcastle United returned to Tyneside having suffered the heaviest defeat of the opening weekend and with defender Steven Taylor facing a three-match suspension following a red card for hitting City forward Sergio Agüero.
“The sending-off was completely out of character for Steven and he has apologised,” Pardew said. “I can’t really say anymore except that he is an honest player and made a mistake and we had to suffer the penalty for that. Up until then we had given a very good account of ourselves, against a very good side.
“We tried to be positive and threaten the goal a few times. After the sending-off we were digging in, and the spirit and the commitment the guys showed I was quite proud of them in the second half.”

I posted before the season started that Kompany staying fit was the key to our season. 3-4 weeks out mean he'll miss the Derby. Without disrespecting the rest of the our defensive options we'll be weaker without our captain.

stan bowles said:
I posted before the season started that Kompany staying fit was the key to our season. 3-4 weeks out mean he'll miss the Derby. Without disrespecting the rest of the our defensive options we'll be weaker without our captain.

But the derby a bit less than five weeks from now. If there are ANY doubts about VK's fitness, we'll be cautious and hold him out until then I'd guess, even if he has to miss the first CL match.

FogBlueInSanFran said:
stan bowles said:

But the derby a bit less than five weeks from now. If there are ANY doubts about VK's fitness, we'll be cautious and hold him out until then I'd guess, even if he has to miss the first CL match.

I, d imagine they will give vinny as much rest and time he needs so they can have him back for the 1st champs lge game/derby

IrelandSuperman said:
blinkblue said:
IrelandSuperman said:
Corrected.
It was their first team in name, represented mostly by their reserves/youth.
Corrected yet again.

You've got it wrong. 9 of their starting line up against us started the champions league final. That said I would not like us to rely on boyata. Need to splash the cash again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.