Kompany "allegedly" out for 3-4 weeks (merged)

Re: Kompany

Neville Kneville said:
Caveman said:
marco said:
tbh pepe was all over the place midweek
Pepe's been all over the place for 12 months.

I thought Pepe was ok, Ramos was awful.

Me too. Ramos is normally a dependable player but since he missed that penalty he's dropped in confidence. Rate him highly so obviously expect him to bounce back.

Last season the rags were without BOTH their CB's for most games but got on with it, we can do the same, think holistic.

We don't even need someone as technically good as Kompany, we just need someone who will take the back 4 by the scruff of it's neck and be the bloody leader of it. The leadership displayed by the rest of our back line without Kompany is frankly shocking, especially from older players like Lescott.

I'd be very interested to know just how much our figures with Real Madrid differed over Pepe.

Get a grip lads, we've got to cope with Cardiff, Hull and Joke before Komps is back.

Can you imagine Bayern or Dortmund being even slightly worried playing those teams, even if they had no defenders fit at all?

They'd be thinking we'll put 4 or 5 past these jokers, let's not worry about the defence. And Lescott can do a job, and Nasty is coming back soon. Anyone would think we had the CL final coming up with the panicking going on here.

Re: Kompany "allegedly" out for 3-4 weeks (merged)

I think the assessment will put him out till after the derby, however he will return as a surprise selection for the United game. What a great moral booster that would be ahead of a big game.

Chippy_boy said:
Get a grip lads, we've got to cope with Cardiff, Hull and Joke before Komps is back.

Can you imagine Bayern or Dortmund being even slightly worried playing those teams, even if they had no defenders fit at all?

They'd be thinking we'll put 4 or 5 past these jokers, let's not worry about the defence. And Lescott can do a job, and Nasty is coming back soon. Anyone would think we had the CL final coming up with the panicking going on here.
True, although we don't want to fall behind early in the season.

Cardiff away in their first ever Premiership game at home, and Stoke away will test our defence. And Kompany is the best. I feel a whole lot more confident with him in the team. He's also fantastic breaking forward. When Aguero scored our 2nd goal, it was Kompany who played the ball into Dzeko, and Kompany ends up in the penalty area when Aguero scores....the furthest man forward

Yes, if he was going to miss a month's football, then this is as good a time as any....and realsitically over the course of a season you'd expect him to have an injury at some point. I think he'll come back even stronger than he was when he was injured

The one player we don't have decent cover for. We all knew it would happen. At least the window is still open but should have been our number one priority. Spent too long with this Pepe nonsense.

Give Garcia back to Benfica plus a few million = Garay

Great transfer business early on but the elephant in the room seemed to go unnoticed.

Kolo did enough last season to prove he can provide effective cover at RCB. Why we didn't keep on a contract extension without having someone lined up to replace him, baffles me. Maybe MP has faith in Boyata?!?

Blue and Proud said:
Kolo did enough last season to prove he can provide effective cover at RCB. Why we didn't keep on a contract extension without having someone lined up to replace him, baffles me. Maybe MP has faith in Boyata?!?

We are all baffled but Pelle is no fool he must know Boyota or Garcia aren't the answer. Time for Tixi to pull a rabbit out of the hat and quick.

Re: Kompany "allegedly" out for 3-4 weeks (merged)

The rabbits name is Martin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.