Kompany/Garcia partnership

As I said on another thread on Mon/Tues,let company play in the yaya role,he breaks from the back at pace.(Shirley)the other defenders can fill the gap for ten/twenty seconds whilst he advances down field.But what do I know i'm only a plumber.

wahablue said:
As I said on another thread on Mon/Tues,let company play in the yaya role,he breaks from the back at pace.(Shirley)the other defenders can fill the gap for ten/twenty seconds whilst he advances down field.But what do I know i'm only a plumber.
so Garcia in Kompany's place as CB alongside Lescott for Arsenal game?

Yeah I saw it today and I think it's worth trying.
There's no major issue with Garcia dropping into CB, and Kompany going into the middle.
It can maybe give is an extra edge, Kompany has the physicality and the drive (to an even greater extent than Yaya!) to push at a well organised opposition backline in a way we don't normally see.
Unfortunately, he is in my opinion, nowhere near a good enough dribbler/passer/shooter like Yaya is to make much of this drive.
But it's one of those, if he Kompany pushes forward 5 times and one occasion it works, then I guess it works. Plus with Garcia dropping back we don't have to worry too much about counter-attacks like we normally do.

Didsbury Dave said:
Bellers_a_hero said:
I've notcied recently that Kompany has been getting forward at every opporunity with the ball at his feet. Today I watched him on a number of occasions and noticed early on that Mancini had a word with Garcia. Everytime Kompany advanced with the ball Garcia dropped back into an almost CB position.
As Vinnie started with us as a CM, he knows what he's doing and has the skill to keep posession but also win it again on his way back. Garcia, whilst adapting to the English leagues looks like he is struggling getting back but is good in the air in that defensive position when being caught on the break.

Has anyone else noticed. What do you reckon, keep to that or stop Vinnie from having so much freedom incase we get caught open at the back?
I've noticed this and today it was really obvious. I'm sure it's come straight from the training ground. Vinyl got a great goal in preseason doing exactly this. He made one the other week too, think it we Newcastle.

I'd say its from Mancini and the coaching staff to give us another dimension against defensive teams.

Bollocks it's cause Watford were crap and he had the space and time to get forward. Garcia was poor again today against championship opposition. Lets not try to suggest he is allowing vk to become more attacking.

Kompany has certainly been going forward much more in recent games, I picked up on it, thought it was very obvious before today - he looked confident and like he was enjoying it too.

bondsman said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Bellers_a_hero said:
I've notcied recently that Kompany has been getting forward at every opporunity with the ball at his feet. Today I watched him on a number of occasions and noticed early on that Mancini had a word with Garcia. Everytime Kompany advanced with the ball Garcia dropped back into an almost CB position.
As Vinnie started with us as a CM, he knows what he's doing and has the skill to keep posession but also win it again on his way back. Garcia, whilst adapting to the English leagues looks like he is struggling getting back but is good in the air in that defensive position when being caught on the break.

Has anyone else noticed. What do you reckon, keep to that or stop Vinnie from having so much freedom incase we get caught open at the back?
I've noticed this and today it was really obvious. I'm sure it's come straight from the training ground. Vinyl got a great goal in preseason doing exactly this. He made one the other week too, think it we Newcastle.

I'd say its from Mancini and the coaching staff to give us another dimension against defensive teams.

Bollocks it's cause Watford were crap and he had the space and time to get forward. Garcia was poor again today against championship opposition. Lets not try to suggest he is allowing vk to become more attacking.
Kompany has been doing it in the PL recently as well.

Like the pass to augero goal for Dzeko's goal v norwich ... Would be happy if he doesn't go for the challenge prior to the goal. That's all.

bluemc1 said:
city91 said:
Bellers_a_hero said:

IIRC Garcia played quite a few games at CB for Benfica so he is no stranger to the position. And hopefully this will allow Vinny to bring the ball out of defence more.

I still a lot of people on this forum are extremely harsh on Garcia. He is a defensive midfielder and if his inclusion in the team allows Vinny and Yaya to get forward then he will become a key player for us.

yep we need a player thats gonna let vinny (our cb) get forward more, wtf

We wouldn't be champions if it wasn't for Kompany going forward. He pulled Taiwo out of position which allowed Aguero the space.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.