Kompany/Garcia partnership

BLUEMAD said:
Garcia wont get near when Yaya comes back. He is an average player for which we have paid over the odds for.
Garcia is class.not average. a deep lying,tactically aware,central midfield player,his value to the team will grow, as he adjusts to the pace of the game over here.

dennishasdoneit said:
BLUEMAD said:
Garcia wont get near when Yaya comes back. He is an average player for which we have paid over the odds for.
Garcia is class.not average. a deep lying,tactically aware,central midfield player,his value to the team will grow, as he adjusts to the pace of the game over here.

That's more like it.

Bellers_a_hero said:
I've notcied recently that Kompany has been getting forward at every opporunity with the ball at his feet. Today I watched him on a number of occasions and noticed early on that Mancini had a word with Garcia. Everytime Kompany advanced with the ball Garcia dropped back into an almost CB position.
As Vinnie started with us as a CM, he knows what he's doing and has the skill to keep posession but also win it again on his way back. Garcia, whilst adapting to the English leagues looks like he is struggling getting back but is good in the air in that defensive position when being caught on the break.

Has anyone else noticed. What do you reckon, keep to that or stop Vinnie from having so much freedom incase we get caught open at the back?

Mancini wants players who are comfortable going forward with the ball. It's one of the things that has landed Jole on the bench, and if you pack out a defence with two solid walls of four or five then an extra player going forward can drag one out of the line and create more space for the likes of Silva.

Where did my Kompany in midfield thread go?

Me and Mancini can see these things, its a shame the mods can't keep up.

dennishasdoneit said:
BLUEMAD said:

really dont see what anyone has seen to call him class, hes an ok player who imo not suited to the prem, look im not on here to slag him or moan about the signing hes a city player and i will support him as long as he is, he looks like hes trying so i cant knock that, just for me if barry milner fit hes my 3rd choice

One thing is for sure. Kompany's 6 million was the biggest bargain in premier league history. We are lucky to have such a talented player and a true leader in our team. He is an unbeliavable player and for me he is better than all our central midfielders right now (bar yaya) but he is the best cb in the world and it would be crazy not to play him there. He is exceptional going forward though he is good dribbler too.

de niro said:
dennishasdoneit said:
BLUEMAD said:

That's more like it.

thought you hated smokers, you've been on the funny stuff if you think Garcia is anywhere near class.

I think he'll become more effective as the players get used to him and everyone realises he's not meant to be Nigel De Jong. He's more of a Didier Deschamps type.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.