Kompany/Garcia partnership

JoeMercer'sWay said:
de niro said:
dennishasdoneit said:
Garcia is class.not average. a deep lying,tactically aware,central midfield player,his value to the team will grow, as he adjusts to the pace of the game over here.

That's more like it.

thought you hated smokers, you've been on the funny stuff if you think Garcia is anywhere near class.

does he smoke? can't see that.

i accept he's finding his feet but its pretty obvious the lad can play. a bit like nasty.

Imo a central defender shouldn't be the player 'going forward' in any team.

The midfielders (Garcia included) should be good enough to do that themselves.

Central Defenders are for defending and scoring headers at corners.

Stoned Rose said:

I know what you mean, and in a traditional english 442 system no coach would allow/encourage a centre half to start making fancy runs upfield.

However, if your team is based upon a fluid make up of players with high technique,able to slot into different roles/posistions at a moments notice it may just be the way through a packed ten man defence when for example,Vincent brings the ball forward,Garcia slots back to cover, the opposistion back off Vinny as they have been taken by suprise and suddenly a big gate swings open in the other sides defence...only classy centre backs of real quality could effect such a movement, and in my opinion our manager should be appaluded for attempting different methods of breaking down packed defences.

Its a little too basic in this day and age to expect vinny , at home to say stoke city, who offer no attacking threat whatsoever, to stand marking no-body when he has the ability, and the cover to influence play.

Not a tactic to be tried in every match, but the fluid inter-changing of say the dutch national team of the 70s is one very good example of where a centre back posistion might not just involve,as you say," defending" and "scoring headers at corners".

One of the things that i love about our manager is the raft of new tactical ideas he has brought to city. i can,t recall any previous manager in my time being prepared to play three at the back, or one striker with the midfielders being encouraged to interchange and bamboozle the opponent with sharp changes of posistion..this is one of the reasons that teams like stoke and reading don,t even try to attack at our place anymore..they are not playing against a 442 line up and can,t cope with the" blitzkreig" which is citys forward 5 players. creating havoc by their clever movement.

We have come a long way since the Howard Kendall master-stroke of playing Alan Harper as a sweeper behind the back four..as a city fan that was a tactical master stroke compared to what had gone on before with machin...watching Mancini( and he doesn,t always get it right) constantly strive to out- wit the other team is fascinating...from Machin to Mancini..what a journey!

dennishasdoneit said:
Stoned Rose said:

I know what you mean, and in a traditional english 442 system no coach would allow/encourage a centre half to start making fancy runs upfield.

However, if your team is based upon a fluid make up of players with high technique,able to slot into different roles/posistions at a moments notice it may just be the way through a packed ten man defence when for example,Vincent brings the ball forward,Garcia slots back to cover, the opposistion back off Vinny as they have been taken by suprise and suddenly a big gate swings open in the other sides defence...only classy centre backs of real quality could effect such a movement, and in my opinion our manager should be appaluded for attempting different methods of breaking down packed defences.

Its a little too basic in this day and age to expect vinny , at home to say stoke city, who offer no attacking threat whatsoever, to stand marking no-body when he has the ability, and the cover to influence play.

Not a tactic to be tried in every match, but the fluid inter-changing of say the dutch national team of the 70s is one very good example of where a centre back posistion might not just involve,as you say," defending" and "scoring headers at corners".

One of the things that i love about our manager is the raft of new tactical ideas he has brought to city. i can,t recall any previous manager in my time being prepared to play three at the back, or one striker with the midfielders being encouraged to interchange and bamboozle the opponent with sharp changes of posistion..this is one of the reasons that teams like stoke and reading don,t even try to attack at our place anymore..they are not playing against a 442 line up and can,t cope with the" blitzkreig" which is citys forward 5 players. creating havoc by their clever movement.

We have come a long way since the Howard Kendall master-stroke of playing Alan Harper as a sweeper behind the back four..as a city fan that was a tactical master stroke compared to what had gone on before with machin...watching Mancini( and he doesn,t always get it right) constantly strive to out- wit the other team is fascinating...from Machin to Mancini..what a journey!

Well said, it's more about just thinking "get Vinny forward so he can dribble through the opposition a la Messi and score for us" but how when on occasion he can push forward and create so much space for our talented squad that can make the difference at crucial periods of the match.

dennishasdoneit said:
Stoned Rose said:

Just read this mate and whilst we may not always agree (usually cos your too pissed to see sense) that's a fantastic post and assesment of our current set up and Mancini's management, like you say he may not always get it right but it is fascinating to watch. Loving your Machin to Mancini comment lol.

Stoned Rose said:

franco_baresi.jpg

Sorry but you really are talking absolute rubbish lads.

No way should any team be looking to their centre back to 'make space' or open packed defences up.

With the wealth of midfielders we have and the top quality front 2 of Aguero and Tevez we should have absolutely no problem making space whatsoever.

If you feel Kompany should be going forward to frighten the opposition into 'opening their gates' whilst Garcia (a midfielder) 'covers' him then you really are devoid of any grasp of football.

Garcia reminds me of when Vinny first came, he couldn't put 2 passes together,I can see him going in at cb with Vinny in the future.

that`s alright vinny getting forward but if a pacey striker takes on garcia there`s only one outcome cos garcia is a donkey heez a yard off the pace that guy the balls usually gone by the time he gets to the player

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.