Kompany Is Overrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
LYNX said:
Tin Hat On.

I believe Kompany is overrated (More than De Jong tbh), He makes 1 great tackle and bluemooners are having a wankfest over him, is he a good defender? yes. But he still hasn't reached John Terry's or Pique's level. IMO of course.

Kompany is quick,athletic,can play at CB or DM,is only going to improve and has his best years well ahead of him-hopefully as City captain.

And comes across as a decent human being.

Basically-he's everything Terry isn't.

Based on what? He hasn't put a single foot wrong, has been solid and has been our most consistent player this season but he is overrated? Pull the other one.

LYNX said:
Carney said:
I disagree.

Vincent company is one of the most accomplished central defenders in the premier league. He's strong, good in the air, good on the deck and his use of the ball is good. He knows when he can play and when to get rid. Add to that the fact there are few more consistent and I believe we have one hell of an asset in Vincent Kompany and a leading contender for the long term club captaincy.

Accomplished Premier league defenders have the ability to score and run very fast, Kompany has neither of those.

What a ridiculous thing to say. So, Kompany will never be a great defender because he doesn't score enough? also, 2 of the best defenders of the last decade, Terry and Canavaro, neither were fast, but are able to read the game well, like Kompany. also, i wouldn't call Kompany slow anyway, and the fact that he's paired up with Toure who's one of the most agile around more than makes up for the slight lack of pace he may posess.

Look, this thread is so ridiculous it almost pains me to respond, but just to put a cap on it: VK has been one of our most consistent performers and is a valuable squad player because of his ability to play anywhere in the back four or as a DM. This has clearly been acknowledged by RM and, to some extent his predecessor MH. Underrated possibly, but not overrated. Quality Player.

LYNX said:
Tin Hat On.

I believe Kompany is overrated (More than De Jong tbh), He makes 1 great tackle and bluemooners are having a wankfest over him, is he a good defender? yes. But he still hasn't reached John Terry's or Pique's level. IMO of course.

Don't get to many games do you?
Kompany was excellent last season and has moved onto another level this season, he is the complete full back for me, an absolutely outstanding and precocious talent, we are lucky to have him imo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.