Puyol scored 1
Pique scored 2
Alex scored 1

Top defenders score goals.
Bollocks!

LYNX said:
Carney said:
I disagree.

Vincent company is one of the most accomplished central defenders in the premier league. He's strong, good in the air, good on the deck and his use of the ball is good. He knows when he can play and when to get rid. Add to that the fact there are few more consistent and I believe we have one hell of an asset in Vincent Kompany and a leading contender for the long term club captaincy.

Accomplished Premier league defenders have the ability to score and run very fast, Kompany has neither of those.

just some info....

kompany
anderlecht 73 apps 5 gls
hamburg 28 apps 1 gls
city 63 apps 3 gls

john terry
chelsea 313 apps 19 gls

ferdinand
west ham 127 apps 2 gls
leeds 54 apps 2 gls
rags 221 apps 6 gls

pique
rags 12 apps 0 gls
barca 62 apps 4 gls
could even throw carragher in there with his 439 apps for the dippers for a return of 3 gls....(and i think 19 own gls)

i dont think vinnie is doin to bad.....and he has my backing,,deffo.

unsworthblue said:
Lynx are you the most critical City fan ever? Kompany is pure class and seems to be getting better all the time,he made Drogba look very average on saturday and was part of the reason we kept clean sheets against Liverpool,Spurs etc.

no, he's a rag.

LYNX said:
Vienna_70 said:
You are either a complete knob or a WUM of the worst order.

VK is absolutely fantastic. Did you not see MotD's analysis of his performance on Saturday? He was imperious.

Vinnie's name must be one of the first on Bobby Manc's teamsheet every game.

If you can't see how good he is, you're wasting your time watching football.
i dont live in england ffs and stop slagging me off because of my opinion, isnt this a football forum? And im not going to stop watching football because a nobody like you tells me to.

Where do you live, Uranus?

Blimey, not even going to bother reading 20 pages so hopefully, I won't be clarkied or anything :/ OP definately needs his tin hat because Kompany can NEVER be said to be overrated! The amount of times I've seen him pop up to stop a chance or with a block or cut out an attack just before the final ball is amazing!! One of the worst statements I've heard in a while!!

danny123 said:
Blimey, not even going to bother reading 20 pages so hopefully, I won't be clarkied or anything :/ OP definately needs his tin hat because Kompany can NEVER be said to be overrated! The amount of times I've seen him pop up to stop a chance or with a block or cut out an attack just before the final ball is amazing!! One of the worst statements I've heard in a while!!

Of course he's overrated, I for one to believe he is God Incarnate and really that type of praise should be saved for Tevez. In reality Komps is only the best central defender in Europe but that's only because our NDJ doesn't play there so maybe the OP has a point

RAG

I read other peoples views and even if I don't agree with them,I understand that everyone as there opinions and I respect that.But I'm sorry to say the statement that VK is overated is a statement that I find insulting to one of the best defenders in the EPL.

He rarely makes a mistake and is solid as a rock,his main job is to defend,and if he does score a goal that is a bonus.I can't believe that since Saturdays game we have had threads on the ability of NDJ and now VK.It makes the mind boggle at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.