Kompany red card and appeal SUCCESSFUL

Re: Kompany red card and appeal

bert's broken neck said:
Sorry guys - got to say that Sir Mike Dean has yet again got ALL the big decisions correct!

Someone (maybe RM) has got to take Vinne to one side and tell him to stop going in for the ball front on!

It's virtually impossible to make a tackle front on without leading with your studs and that's why Sir Mike showed him a red.

It's nothing to do with "two footed" whatsoever - it's just going in studs first and I'm afraid that Vinnie is a bit too prone to doing this (he was very lucky at Norwich, doing exactly the same thing!)

Still wouldn't change him for anyone though!

Think we can get by without him - last year we had to do without him for 4 matches, after Foy did him for the same thing!

No it isn't ... do try to check the rulebook before posting

dom said:
bert's broken neck said:
Sorry guys - got to say that Sir Mike Dean has yet again got ALL the big decisions correct!

Someone (maybe RM) has got to take Vinne to one side and tell him to stop going in for the ball front on!

It's virtually impossible to make a tackle front on without leading with your studs and that's why Sir Mike showed him a red.

It's nothing to do with "two footed" whatsoever - it's just going in studs first and I'm afraid that Vinnie is a bit too prone to doing this (he was very lucky at Norwich, doing exactly the same thing!)

Think we can get by without him - last year we had to do without him for 4 matches, after Foy did him for the same thing!

Quite correct the rags are getting very desperate.

dom said:
bert's broken neck said:

So you think it's ok to go for the ball studs first?

Maybe back in the good old days of Big Dave Watson or Georgie Heslop - but these days? You're having a laff mate!

bert's broken neck said:
dom said:
bert's broken neck said:

Maybe back in the good old days of Big Dave Watson or Georgie Heslop - but these days? You're having a laff mate!

The pictures prove that was a great tackle. End of

I watched it on Abu Dhabi sports and they had Andy Townsend, Dermot Gallagher and Alan Curbishley reviewing the red card to VK.

Dermot said that 3 independent people will review any appeal. The ref has no say in it regardless of what he thinks after the match, be it he feels he is right or wrong. They look at the video evidence independently and make their decision.

Gallagher said categorically that he felt that this appeal would be successful. Deans view of the tackle immediately before VK went in and the point of contact was obstructed by Garcia who came across him at that exact moment, it was the critical moment and it was this void that would have left Dean with VK about to tackle and then seeing the follow through.

From video evidence it is clear that at the time of impact VK's trailing boot was on the floor also that he was in control of his body and he did not lunge, he actually stood his ground and timed his tackle whilst in full control.

All three agreed that this should and will be rescinded.

Lets see!!!

bert's broken neck said:
dom said:
bert's broken neck said:

Cant see how you can tackle without your studs showing, unless i have been playing a different game for forty yrears.

carlosthejackal said:
bert's broken neck said:
dom said:

Cant see how you can tackle without your studs showing, unless i have been playing a different game for forty yrears.
lol

Gelsons Dad said:
[bigimg]http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/01/13/article-2261781-16EA2920000005DC-712_634x374.jpg[/bigimg]
BAgrVopCEAASauv.jpg

two footed studs up reckless!

If they don't overturn this then the appeals process needs to be abandoned as it clearly is a waste of everyones time.

Tt's not about 'studs first' as you well know. it's about having leading with both feet off the ground and therefore not being in control of the tackle.. the studs first thing is a factor only if both are heading tacklewards , which is why Vinny's tackle against the rags last season was bloody harsh but understandable..

this one is different

I'm not not playing the Hovis advert.. ' harder in them them days' card, so please, let's debate the topic in hand

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.