Kompany red card and appeal SUCCESSFUL

Re: Kompany red card and appeal

The evidence is overwhelming that this is no where near a red so if the FA don't overturn it then they are just trying to fuck City over.

Dermot Gallagher stated that the rule book says that it is a red card if only the player has both feet of the floor, it is a two footed tackle and he is not in control of his body (lunge) and finally that it is studs first.

VK is clearly in control throughout the tackle, he waits stands his ground then goes to ground, he has his trailing foot on the ground at the point of impact and it is not two footed.

These are the rules.

Open and shut case then....but we know the FA.

However, I'm sure we'll appeal this one.

It's a 50/50 at best for me
Personally I love them tackles and it wasn't 2 footed but I don't think we'll win an appeal
I think we should let him rest and keep him for the Liverpool game
Don't chance the extra game ban
We should cope

zeven said:
BAgrDX7CEAA77gC.jpg:large

Very dangerous tackle.

That little mouthy 'nobody can touch me'' midget played a big part in it with the play acting watch it over again he slides into vinny and he doesn't touch him.<br /><br />-- 13 Jan 2013, 22:00 --<br /><br />
icemanbops said:
Dermot Gallagher stated that the rule book says that it is a red card if only the player has both feet of the floor, it is a two footed tackle and he is not in control of his body (lunge) and finally that it is studs first.

VK is clearly in control throughout the tackle, he waits stands his ground then goes to ground, he has his trailing foot on the ground at the point of impact and it is not two footed.

These are the rules.

Where's he said this mate? Put a right dampener on a top result this.

icemanbops said:

These are the rules.

Where's he said this mate? Put a right dampener on a top result this.[/quote]

I watched on Abu Dhabi Sports and he was on the panel of commentators along with Curbishley and Townsend, all agreed NO RED. And that appeal would be successful.

Here's the FIFA statement on dangerous tackling:
"A two footed tackle made from a short distance away, does not always pose a danger to an opponent, because the ball itself acts as a natural cushion between the players but when the 'two footed' tackle is made from some distance in an uncontrolled manner when attempting to make contact with the ball (or not) - certainly entails a large element of danger to the opponent and that players who use excessive force to make two footed tackles should be sent-off"
Was it from some distance? No - he was stood still not moving forward.
Was it uncontrolled? Didn't seem to be.
Did he use excessive force? No.

carlosthejackal said:
bert's broken neck said:
dom said:
No it isn't ... do try to check the rulebook before posting

So you think it's ok to go for the ball studs first?

Maybe back in the good old days of Big Dave Watson or Georgie Heslop - but these days? You're having a laff mate!
Cant see how you can tackle without your studs showing, unless i have been playing a different game for forty yrears.

The problem is when your foot leaves the floor (the over the ball tackle)

Maybe you keep your feet on the ground when you taclkle - probably after playing the game for 40 years you can't get your foot off the ground these days!

Still think Vinnie sails a bit close to the wind occasionally but, as I said before, I wouldn't swap him for anyone!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.