Kompany return date?

I think Pellegrini was asked about Kompany in post WHU press conference. I can't remember exactly what he said but it was something to the effect that he would be out for a while. I don't think anything new has happened

Unless the worst case assessment is he should have an operation ( often the case with tendon's / muscles in the calf that easily tear ) or he has had a setback which given he is not training would only again be a result of some more pessimistic assessments he should be right to start training within the next 2 weeks but again they will take a lot longer with him before he is available as he only lasted 10 minutes and tore the tendon with a simple stretch of the leg.

We have to face facts his legs are not much chop and he is likely to do more damage ( he averages 3 per season ) in seasons to come and it will take longer for him to recover from each injury.

I expect a new captain to be named over the summer who is a real leader amongst leaders that others look up to and want to walk over water or hot coals for and will play the vast majority of games for us.

I expect a new captain to be named over the summer who is a real leader amongst leaders that others look up to and want to walk over water or hot coals for and will play the vast majority of games for us.
I wonder how many times you've posted this exact point? Any idea who this mythical 'super captain' will be?

Unless the worst case assessment is he should have an operation ( often the case with tendon's / muscles in the calf that easily tear ) or he has had a setback which given he is not training would only again be a result of some more pessimistic assessments he should be right to start training within the next 2 weeks but again they will take a lot longer with him before he is available as he only lasted 10 minutes and tore the tendon with a simple stretch of the leg.

We have to face facts his legs are not much chop and he is likely to do more damage ( he averages 3 per season ) in seasons to come and it will take longer for him to recover from each injury.

Only one candidate then surely, it has to be Jesus

I wonder how many times you've posted this exact point? Any idea who this mythical 'super captain' will be?

Txiki , Pep or the new manager have more an idea on this than us.

It's more likely than less likely that VK will only be available for the less than half the games we play in future years so.

It's a no brainer and I am sure the club is preparing for life without Vinny or at least they should be as they are without MP.

Its pretty much nailed on that a new manager will be arriving next season so I am not surprised in the least that we are preparing for life without VK as our captain.

Any well run club would do exactly that as your captain has to someone that takes to the field in the vast majority of games.

Hart , Toure and Kolorov are not captains of this club into the future and the latter two are likely to be moved on in the summer anyway.

It shouldn't come as a surprise to you Pablo , change like death and taxes and the certainties of life.

All things must pass as George used to sing.

If he can play a bit role in the next couple of seasons then fair enough but his legs are shot simple as and the sooner we face up to that the sooner we move on.

Txiki , Pep or the new manager have more an idea on this than us.

It's more likely than less likely that VK will only be available for the less than half the games we play in future years so.

It's a no brainer and I am sure the club is preparing for life without Vinny or at least they should be as they are without MP.

Its pretty much nailed on that a new manager will be arriving next season so I am not surprised in the least that we are preparing for life without VK as our captain.

Any well run club would do exactly that as your captain has to someone that takes to the field in the vast majority of games.

Hart , Toure and Kolorov are not captains of this club into the future and the latter two are likely to be moved on in the summer anyway.

It shouldn't come as a surprise to you Pablo , change like death and taxes and the certainties of life.

All things must pass as George used to sing.

If he can play a bit role in the next couple of seasons then fair enough but his legs are shot simple as and the sooner we face up to that the sooner we move on.
I know all that, (apart from the bit where you say you're not surprised we're preparing for life without Kompany as captain - that's got no basis whatsoever) my point was more to do with why you feel the need to post the same thing everytime a Kompany injury update appears. It's not new information, just a need to repeat yourself.

I know all that, (apart from the bit where you say you're not surprised we're preparing for life without Kompany as captain - that's got no basis whatsoever) my point was more to do with why you feel the need to post the same thing everytime a Kompany injury update appears. It's not new information, just a need to repeat yourself.

As is your response to the posts.

I always knew that eventually VT would be front and centre of the agenda to be used in football to bring it into line with other televised sports some of which are less appropriate than this game to have it as part of that game and with the demise of Platini , Blatter and others well past their use by date it will be accelerated as it should be.

It will happen but it should have happened years ago.

The hiring of a new manager will also accelerate the naming of a new captain and so it should be.

If VK was fit and available and no more appropriate leader was at the club its natural he would assume the role but that is no longer the case so his role has to be moved on and the sooner the better for the club and for Vinny himself as he is a proud person and wouldn't want to be a captain in waiting from the stands for the time he has left at the top level.

As is your response to the posts.

I always knew that eventually VT would be front and centre of the agenda to be used in football to bring it into line with other televised sports some of which are less appropriate than this game to have it as part of that game and with the demise of Platini , Blatter and others well past their use by date it will be accelerated as it should be.

It will happen but it should have happened years ago.

The hiring of a new manager will also accelerate the naming of a new captain and so it should be.

If VK was fit and available and no more appropriate leader was at the club its natural he would assume the role but that is no longer the case so his role has to be moved on and the sooner the better for the club and for Vinny himself as he is a proud person and wouldn't want to be a captain in waiting from the stands for the time he has left at the top level.
I wouldn't need to repeat myself if you could refrain from doing so yourself.
I happen to believe the club will stick with Kompany as captain for as long as he's at the club. I also think he's thought of a lot more highly by those within the club than he is by a section of our fan base (not necessarily aimed at you)
If his career is cut short here then of course things will change, until then the armband will rightly remain his.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.