Kompany return date?

You've lost me blue!!!

Whenever Pleat used to commentate, he would reference things going on during the match that remind him of things from the past. He seemed to open every sentence with "shades of..". Someone scores a glancing header "shades off teddy sheringham", Someone makes a strong challenge "shades of Vieria in his pomp.." It used to amuse me.

Vidic played in a similarly aggressive and physical way to Kompany and he was United's best centre half for the last few years until he left at 33. Terry is what, 35? And last season was one of Chelsea's best players.

Yep, the likes of Terry and Ferdinand played considerably longer at the top level than Kompany has thus far. I don't think we can rely on him playing every week, but I think people are writing him off prematurely.

Yep, the likes of Terry and Ferdinand played considerably longer at the top level than Kompany has thus far. I don't think we can rely on him playing every week, but I think people are writing him off prematurely.

I agree. Although I am more concerned about his injury record than his age and corresponding decline in fitness, sharpness and pace. 11 injuries in the past 3 years tells you he's odds on to have another 11 in the next 3 years. Which is clearly not what we need.

I don't think he's finished now, by any means. But I am genuinely worried he'll come back only to keep being injured again and again.

I made the analogy to Paul McGrath and Ledley King because they are great examples of what can be done with so called career threatening injuries.
Vincent has to change his training regime and his game from now on if he wants to continue.
He has no choice really.

the journo's should have wind of what's been intimated on vinnie so hopefully the question will be asked at the presser tomorrow,
not that pellegrini will give anything away

Kompany will come back stronger no doubt. However his will to over perform often leads to the next injury. Imho his body can't cope with what his head wants.

Whenever Pleat used to commentate, he would reference things going on during the match that remind him of things from the past. He seemed to open every sentence with "shades of..". Someone scores a glancing header "shades off teddy sheringham", Someone makes a strong challenge "shades of Vieria in his pomp.." It used to amuse me.
With you now ha, cheers.

C'mon lets nip this rumour in the bud now

Footballers do not retire because of a calf strain!!
Thank god for that the amount of mates who have been telling he's finished, I've been saying the only way to cure a calf injury is to rest it as long as it takes, I should know I I had a calf problem for about two years, only rest cures it

C'mon lets nip this rumour in the bud now

Footballers do not retire because of a calf strain!!

Thankfully the club aren't as pessimistic of his chances of returning as some in this thread are!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.