Kompany return date?

Never tknackered t a calf injury could be that bad! I would love to know what the fuck is actually wrong. Not like he did his ACL.

Either way, it's a huge blow for us and him
If its his solus (think thats how u spell it)he may well be knackered its the muscle that holds ur achiles in place at the top of ur calf ,its only small and rupturers are hard to fix !! Hope its not !

I suspect he would stay with us in some kind of coaching role but right now he looks desperate to play,things will be clearer in the summer

He would probably prefer a coaching role with Belgium. Allegedly.

I hope this is just some wild rumour and some flapping, one thing is for sure, if he isn't named as Captain next year then the writing is on the wall.

C'mon lets nip this rumour in the bud now

Footballers do not retire because of a calf strain!!

We'll be lucky if he has any significant part to play in the rest of the season. We need to just accept Mangala and Otamendi are going to be first choice centre back pairing for the rest of the season and treat it as a bonus if we can get Kompany back at any point.

Would love to see him come back just in time for the Arsenal home game where he repeats his United performance of a few years ago, dominates at the back and scores the winner for us to effectively win the league.

Frankly at this point we'll be lucky if he plays a significant part for the rest of his career at City.

Frankly at this point we'll be lucky if he plays a significant part for the rest of his career at City.

Always worried me when he as doing his over training in the summer. He is an old 29/30 - been playing top level for 13 years. That is a long time. You only get 8 years at peak in my opinion.

Never thought a calf injury could be that bad! /QUOTE]

Calf injuries are crippling and chronic cases, like VK's, are career ending. Once they start failing repeatedly, there is seldom anyway back.

Sure, you can kid yourself that your muscles are not degrading as you age, but the upshot is this; a muscle that is incapable of doing what you ask of it now, is not going to be able to do the same failed task in the future, when of course that muscle is older, shorter and more scared!

I was a 70 mile a week runner, and 2 years of pulled and torn calf muscles completely ended my running career.

If indeed Kompany is finished, for me it's unsurprising but nonetheless very disappointing.

Always worried me when he as doing his over training in the summer. He is an old 29/30 - been playing top level for 13 years. That is a long time. You only get 8 years at peak in my opinion.

Vidic played in a similarly aggressive and physical way to Kompany and he was United's best centre half for the last few years until he left at 33. Terry is what, 35? And last season was one of Chelsea's best players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.