Kompany Returns from Injury

I can't see him making much of a difference on his own anyway for Sunday, he's still going to have Otamendi beside him. We need both him and Mangala back so they can play together and Otamendi can be benched.

I can't see him making much of a difference on his own anyway for Sunday, he's still going to have Otamendi beside him. We need both him and Mangala back so they can play together and Otamendi can be benched.
You'd rather have Mangala than Otamendi? Speak for yourself there because I think the criticism has been harsh he's done far more good than harm for the team, some of his interceptions, blocks and sliding tackles have been exemplary, he's had a few mistakes but not that many and when you factor in he's either had a shakey Mangala next to him or an aging Demichelis he's sometimes not only trying to do the job for 2 people in his first season but 3 when Kolorov turns out one of his shocker performances... he's actually doing better than most would. With someone solid and assured like Vinny next to him and maybe Clichy over Kolorov he'll be a rock for us IMO.

You'd rather have Mangala than Otamendi? Speak for yourself there because I think the criticism has been harsh he's done far more good than harm for the team, some of his interceptions, blocks and sliding tackles have been exemplary, he's had a few mistakes but not that many and when you factor in he's either had a shakey Mangala next to him or an aging Demichelis he's sometimes not only trying to do the job for 2 people in his first season but 3 when Kolorov turns out one of his shocker performances... he's actually doing better than most would. With someone solid and assured like Vinny next to him and maybe Clichy over Kolorov he'll be a rock for us IMO.

Won't go too far off topic here as it's the Kompany thread and i've already said this in the Otamendi thread before but yes i'd much rather have Mangala, i'd personally put Otamendi 4th choice. It's seemingly always somebody else's fault with Otamendi when infact he's the problem. Look at the performances of his "dodgy" partners when they're not with him, they vastly improve, our worst partnerships have all involved Otamendi, and Mangala and Kompnay at the start of the season have been by far and away the best partnership we've seen this season.

No partnership has looked as good as Mangala-Kompany did at the beginning of the season.

Mangala's mistakes seem more like lapses of concentration which he can grow out of with proper coaching.

Otamendi's are more like character flaws. He simply can't help himself. He has to jump in.

You've picked the one league game we've lost that didn't involve Otamendi. Who played in the other league defeats? Who played against Spurs away? who played at home to West ham? Who played away to Stoke? Arsenal away? Leicester last week? Otamendi is the common theme.

I picked one of the few games with Mangala and Demi, to show the common theme is not Otamendi, it's a lack of Kompany. Look at the United game, Villa. Kompany Otamendi as the CBs, two clean sheets.

I don't rate Otamendi particularly highly, he dives into tackles and any time he is out of position he just hits the deck in a desperate attempt to win a free kick. Nor do I rate Mangala or Demi, and I especially don't rate the protection they get from the rest of the team. But there is no disputing that this season there has been one difference between solidity and shambles, Vincent Kompany.

Sagna and Otamendi for Spurs on Sunday please. I swear if Pellegrini starts Demichelis v arguably the most fittest/energized side in the league it'll be football suicide. Just don't lose this match and we're still in this.

Cant see him being ready for Sunday. Would give the team and the fans a huge lift if he is but cant see it

"I think that after one month without playing, it was important for Vincent to work for at least one week completely at high intensity"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.