Vincent Kompany | Bayern Munich Manager

Fellow players respect it though. Which means they are more likely to listen to a Kompany than a Potter, in the beginning at least. It all changes if the results go the wrong way.
It didn't work at Anderlecht which is a fair sized club. Bayern players could easily do what have you won as a manager routine when it goes tits up. Look what happened with Tuchel.

Last edited:
What didn’t?

My understanding is that Kompany revived a fallen giant of Belgian football.

Anderlecht were in the doldrums, when Vinnie arrived, and he brought them back to the brink of Champions League football.
They weren't outstanding. Vinnie was replaced first time around and second time he was 10 points adrift of the eventual Champions and left by mutual consent.

Where did I say they were outstanding?
Revived Anderlecht bit. If he did win Anderlecht the Belgium League in his first season then it would have been more of a revival. One of my favourite City players but he just doesn't cut the mustard for me as a manager. This is one of the strangest moves Bayern have made in their recent history.

I fucking LOVE this for him!! I really do!

The Red Trafford Scum would have been a right F.O. from me, but this? Yep.

Free hit to bring his footy like Guardiola did. In a relative farmer's league? In a league more akin to the Championship than the Prem? It's a perfect bridging position to implement his ideas and then coming back to the Prem in a couple of years and back at City.

Come on, Vin!

Correct
Wenger, ferguson and mourinho would not have been classed as top footballers yet managed to have had fairly good managerial careers.
Was Unai Emery even a footballer?
There have been some high profile players who couldn't cut it in management.
A midfield of Gerrard, Lampard and Keane were superb players but couldn't manage a team between them.
Unai had a respectable career in Segunda Division.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.