Kompany & Silva Statues

I wonder how they will give a nod to older legends. they have mentioned they are going to do something so I wonder.

Not a big fan of statues, especially given to players so soon after leaving the club. But, they do look good. I was thinking they were going to be the boring bronze looking statues, but they’re unique and different. I’m assuming Sergio’s will go to the left of Vinnies.

If Kev keeps playing at the standard he’s playing at, will the club keep dishing out statues?

Looks shite. Why can't the people in charge that do these things just say: "I want a statue" .Not somethin where you shit in a bucket, sprinkle it with stardust then bus load a bunch of southerners to pay/masturbate over it. Shite IMO

I don’t even know where to start with blind ignorance like this.

Looks shite. Why can't the people in charge that do these things just say: "I want a statue" .Not somethin where you shit in a bucket, sprinkle it with stardust then bus load a bunch of southerners to pay/masturbate over it. Shite IMO
Yeah, there does seem to be a minority opinion. But I like it, it captures the moment well. 50yrs from now it will speak volumes.

Only saw the back of em from my ramp but they looked beautiful glistening in the sunlight. Fist time I’ve ever seen a statue that evoked happy memories of the subject.

Marvellous job from City

Said it before but this doesn’t sit comfortably with me for some reason, I think it is too soon. I don’t dispute the contribution they’ve made, clearly some of the best players to pull on the shirt.

My gripe is we should also celebrate our amazing pre-takeover history, why not statues for the likes of Eric Brook, Colin Bell, Francis Lee, Peter Doherty etc etc. Just seems a bit too soon as I said, especially considering our long history.

Either way it’s well deserved & we were truly privileged to watch these lads for 10+ years in the blue shirt.
at the MCG in Australia they have statues of players of cricket, rugby and aussie rules around stadium, same with tennis players at the rod lever tennis stadium down the road as well, if memory serves me right

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.