Kompany This Season

Didsbury Dave said:
First time I noticed this was pre-season v Milan, and I actually put it down to over confidence. Now it's a little run of errors which, if you've played you'll know happens. The demons get in your head a bit.

This will pass and I predict it probably has already. Good players don't become bad players overnight. Unless injury is involved the cream always rises to the top. And he's as good as anyone in this division: I don't believe it's the captaincy either , although it might have amplified the little voices of those demons a touch. He's a mature and intelligent young man.

City have looked a touch brittle this year and for me without a holding pair of Barry and de Jong we always will. I'm afraid yaya is not the answer long term there, in my opinion.

Vinny will be fine, I'd put my mortgage on it. I bet he's bristling with desire to put this behind him

Agree, this seems like a blip to me. One that will erode his confidence a bit, but I'm betting that he'll be back to his sparkling best come Xmas. The real decision though, is how we approach this.

Do we, as a team that cannot accept passengers drop him if it continues, or do we continue and let him play through it?

BlueSinclair said:
Its odd how being cpatain in city makes you a worse player. We've seen it time and time again. Very disappointed in him. And when lescott is also always looking to make a mistake its just a terrible parnership. Lescott has been decent don't get me wrong, but he always look like making a mistake. Kinda clumsy.

Get off the lads back, did it make Paul Power a worse player or Keith curle or Andy Morrison or Carlos Tevez?????????????? We are four games in and dropped two points you lot need to give your head a shake. NEGATIVE TWATS

the reason is simple.Theres a bloody huge hole in front of the CB's.Yaya doesnt have the workrate to play the NDJ role and Barry drifts in and out of it.

In saying that Kompany needs to relax a bit.I think Bobby isnt helping him or Joleon switching the full backs every five mins...lets establish a rapport between our back four before tinkering with it.

Seosa said:
Scotty76 said:
Tevez leads like a true warrior everytime he plays. Ok, he wanted to go home to his family, but we cant call his on field efforts.

On kompany, it does seem like something has got to him.

Tevez played like a warrior for himself, real captains inspire the team and the fans through not only what they do football wise but also in the vocal sense, Tevez cannot do that.

I think he leads from the front, by example (on the pitch), maybe not off the pitch. But you don't win the league by throwing a nice bonding session.

Not saying your wrong, just my opinion.

Damocles said:
Didsbury Dave said:
First time I noticed this was pre-season v Milan, and I actually put it down to over confidence. Now it's a little run of errors which, if you've played you'll know happens. The demons get in your head a bit.

This will pass and I predict it probably has already. Good players don't become bad players overnight. Unless injury is involved the cream always rises to the top. And he's as good as anyone in this division: I don't believe it's the captaincy either , although it might have amplified the little voices of those demons a touch. He's a mature and intelligent young man.

City have looked a touch brittle this year and for me without a holding pair of Barry and de Jong we always will. I'm afraid yaya is not the answer long term there, in my opinion.

Vinny will be fine, I'd put my mortgage on it. I bet he's bristling with desire to put this behind him

Agree, this seems like a blip to me. One that will erode his confidence a bit, but I'm betting that he'll be back to his sparkling best come Xmas. The real decision though, is how we approach this.

Do we, as a team that cannot accept passengers drop him if it continues, or do we continue and let him play through it?
Unless it becomes a major problem, and I don't believe for a second it will, then we certainly don't drop him. Little blips often become major crises of confidence if a key player is dropped. He'll play through this, I believe it's over already. He'll come back sparkling . It would be madness to drop him

Francis Rizzo said:
BlueSinclair said:
Its odd how being cpatain in city makes you a worse player. We've seen it time and time again. Very disappointed in him. And when lescott is also always looking to make a mistake its just a terrible parnership. Lescott has been decent don't get me wrong, but he always look like making a mistake. Kinda clumsy.

Get off the lads back, did it make Paul Power a worse player or Keith curle or Andy Morrison or Carlos Tevez?????????????? We are four games in and dropped two points you lot need to give your head a shake. NEGATIVE TWATS

Way to overreact. I was not getting on the players back, I was just pointing out how odd it is that so many players have seen a dip in form when appointed captain. Its just facts. And Lescott has always been this kind of player, that is slightly clumsy and makes mistakes now and again. Doesn't make him bad, but when vinnie is struggling, its just not a good partnership atm.

Calm the fuck down, its mind boogling how many cannot accept difference of opinion after a draw or loss - or even victory. Not every different opinion and comment is bullshit you know. Everything is not sunshine and rainbows.

Have some god damn respect for other people, and the team, by not accepting everything you get served.

I'd CONSIDER dropping him, because I think he is more than strong enough to come out better for it. It will just make him want to improve more imo.

And I said CONSIDER.

he is going through a bad patch for sure just hope whatever is going on in his head gets sorted out soon

Vinny's mentally strong enough to overcome this dip in form, which happens to all players. As long as we fans continue to support him, he'll recover from this quickly. I have absolute confidence that he'll be good enough to make PFA Team of the Year again this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.