Kompany This Season

Prestwich_Blue said:
While Kompany has looked less reliable so far this season, the two best CB's in the world will struggle when the 2 holding players in front of them simply disappear.

Exactly.

We look like a stonger unit and seem to have alot more stability when Nige is playing. Vinny is a quality CB, there's no denying that. But the presence of NDJ gives Vinny and Lescott alot more confidence and makes the challenge of breaking us down alot more difficult.

On the other hand, I reckon that the more capable teams in the league will make us pay if we defend like we did today. The sooner NDJ is back, the better in my opinion.

But not every team plays with two holding midfielders, how good are those cb's then that plays well without that cover? A bit faulty logic there in my honest opinion.

Agreed, it will be lovely to have De Jong back in action. Less likely to panic this badly with a bad ass like that on the field too I reckon.

De Jong in front of Jagielka would make the fucker look a world beater.

Kompany's class but not having De Jong is exposing our backline and they have to take more defensive responsibility. They'll get used to it, though.

balkanno said:
Yaya has an incrediable huge work rate but hes not a destroyer which was needed in this game.

IMO when Nige returns it has to be Yaya who is dropped.

NDJ --- Barry

Silva --- Nasri

Aguero --- Dzeko

BlueSinclair said:
But not every team plays with two holding midfielders, how good are those cb's then that plays well without that cover? A bit faulty logic there in my honest opinion.
See what you're saying but all defenders need cover and the midfield in front of them to help out. We hammered Spurs becasue they didn't have that cover.

Seosa said:
balkanno said:
Yaya has an incrediable huge work rate but hes not a destroyer which was needed in this game.

NDJ --- Barry

Silva --- Nasri

Aguero --- Dzeko

you're kidding right? Yaya so much more useful in possession of the ball.

Did you miss Barry against Napoli?

Anyone who thinks Yaya needs to be dropped (other than for a needed rest) is out of their minds

Seosa said:
balkanno said:

NDJ --- Barry

Silva --- Nasri

Aguero --- Dzeko
I hope yaya is pushed further foward with de jong and barry behind him this 4-2-4 formation isnt going to work in the premier league.

andrewmswift said:
Anyone who thinks Yaya needs to be dropped (other than for a needed rest) is out of their minds

I do and I am not out of my mind.

In games like that he's a luxury.He just doesnt put the work in that Barry,Milner or Nige do.Yes he's technically 10 times better than the three of these but he needs to up the effort over 90 mins.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.