Kompany This Season

RandomJ said:
It's the absence of De Jong. Not just Kompany but our entire defence has looked shit this season. I think having De Jong in front of them gave them a lot of confidence. Need him back badly.

spot on

Sabster said:
coulsonblue said:
Sabster said:
Remind me of those Anchormen Ream Madrid, Barcelona or Chelsea play week in week out.

Xabi Alonso, Sedou Keita, and the Chelsea example is irrelevant, not because they don't play an anchorman (Ramires/Mikel) but because they aren't exactly better than us. Chelsea's best football in recent histroy came with Makelele or Essien as an anchorman.

In all honesty can you not see the difference between Essien, Alonso and De Jong?

Essien was not one dimensional - he did not just hold he got forward got in the box and scored.

Alonso is the one of the best "Registas" in the world and there are simply no similarities between him and De Jong bar the area of the field they play in.
With an attacking quartet like ours , and attacking fullnacks, we don't need or want our holding players bombing into the box . He's a square peg in a square hole in the current city side and we miss him dreadfully at times

Seosa said:
Sabster said:
Seosa said:
Don't you start with your pathetic Anti-NDJ campaign, Dickster!

There is no anti-NDJ campaign.

I just hate this concept that NDJ is some sort of god who has to play every game and is absoultely essential and the first name on the team sheet.

He is a good player (but a squad player not a definate starter) that will be used in some games when we need to sure up the midfield - for instance I would have loved to have seen him come on today when Fulham were pressuring us.

You referred to Barca, Real and Chelsea. The answers are obvious; Busquets, Diarra and Essien (or Ramires at this moment in time). Real and Barca don't always reguire a Defensive Mid due to the league they play in, and while we have shown that at times we don't always have to rely on Nige, its games like today that prove how vital he is.

-- Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:09 pm --

Scotty76 said:
Rammy Blue said:
Curse of the armband.

I don't think there's a curse on the armband blue, Tevez didn't do bad with it...

Tevez didn't respect the responsibility that the captaincy brings.

He leads like a true warrior everytime he plays. Ok, he wanted to go home to his family, but we cant call his on field efforts.

On kompany, it does seem like something has got to him.

agree with the op, i sais during the window that we need a CB, i also said we missed a trick with not getting cahill. dont think its the captaincy i think both he and lescott tend to switch off for a split second, not much but enough to cause a scare.

Sabster said:
coulsonblue said:
Sabster said:
Remind me of those Anchormen Ream Madrid, Barcelona or Chelsea play week in week out.

Xabi Alonso, Sedou Keita, and the Chelsea example is irrelevant, not because they don't play an anchorman (Ramires/Mikel) but because they aren't exactly better than us. Chelsea's best football in recent histroy came with Makelele or Essien as an anchorman.

In all honesty can you not see the difference between Essien, Alonso and De Jong?

Essien was not one dimensional - he did not just hold he got forward got in the box and scored.

Alonso is the one of the best "Registas" in the world and there are simply no similarities between him and De Jong bar the area of the field they play in.

Essien has(had) licence to get forward as he usually played in a 3 with Lampard and another defensive minded midfielder.

The only thing Alonso has that DeJong doesn't is a long range of passing. He doesn't venture forward too often.

Other recent examples of sitters, include Marcos Senna who was superb when Spain won Euro 2008.

Vincent is a gent, represents the club impeccably, however, if he is to be club captain, I think he requires a ruthless decision maker alongside him. I've called Kompany in the past on here and been slated in the process. He and Lescott are not vocal enough to control the back line. His true strengths will show through, I believe, with a dirty bastard along side him ala Vidic. I'm not saying Lescott has put a foot wrong, I just don't think they are an ideal pairing. You may argue they were one of the best in the league last year but are you confident when they make so many innocent fuck ups without anyone taking charge. Last years clean sheets were more down to De Jong and our style of play IMO. If we're going to move forward we need an animal alongside Vincent. He bottles it too many times, let's hope Savic can step up to the mark.

Josh Blue said:
We miss De jong so much when is he back? The result is not a disaster more of a lesson that we will learn from.
Robbie said he will be available in 10 days in an interview yesterday

Scotty76 said:
Tevez leads like a true warrior everytime he plays. Ok, he wanted to go home to his family, but we cant call his on field efforts.

On kompany, it does seem like something has got to him.

Tevez played like a warrior for himself, real captains inspire the team and the fans through not only what they do football wise but also in the vocal sense, Tevez cannot do that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.