Kompany Wants To Leave City - SSN

Him and De Jong probably deserve a new contract if any of our team do, probably Zabs also. They were all brought in before the really big spending and I think those 3 could form the nucleus of a team for years to come (they are all 26 or less).

Whilst I doubt he will leave I have given up on thinking any player "loves" City but hope to be proved wrong. For 99% of players it's a job and very rarely do they end up playing in a team they support. Tevez showed how things aren't done but fans need to realise they are in football for a career, not because they happen to "love" any particular club.

Having said that, what can Milan offer. I doubt they can give a meaningful pay rise and the investment in our team is the best in the world so moving to any club bar possibly RM or Barca in their 2 team league wouldn't offer much more in the way of trophies (dependent on our team starting to fulfill their potential).

NewbBlue said:
gaudinho's stolen car said:
What paper is it? Are there any direct quotes, from what you heard?
Daily Star. It's bullshit.

Aside from Kompany's commitment to City, AC Milan already have two world-class centers.

Kompany replacing Nesta? I think not.

Erm, not that I think there is anything in this story, but given that Nesta is 35 next year I would think a replacement is very much in the minds of Milan.

Looking at their squad options after him and Silva, you have Onyewu who is just crap, Yepes who is past it and Bonera who is decent but not as good as Kompany imo.

So yeah, although the story is BS, I think it would be wrong to say Milan wouldn't be interested in Kompany if he were available.

allan harper said:
I'm not attending another home game this year, fucking fed up of players treating us fans like shit.

I'm only go to attend one more this year then that's it for 2010, they can suck my balls.

bluethai said:
Think he's still on quiet low wages contract since moved from Hamburg. May be that's why?

yes - I think that Vince is very commited to CITY - although he might have been surprised that Carlos kept the armband

I sense an agent planting a story ahead of a contract renegotiation - I think Vince is about mid-term of his contract

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/168731/AC-Milan-after-Vincent-Kompany/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/vie ... t-Kompany/</a>

It's definitely bollocks because Ronaldinho signed for Gremio last night.

Truthfully, if he wanted to go, I'd let him go with our very best wishes.

Sure, it would be a blow, and it woudl be disappointing on a personal level that he left before we achieved success, but there are 3 points we have to remember:

1) No player should be here if he doesn't want to play for us. VK has given his all for the club, so I would hope the club would do good by the player also, if it suits the club also.

2) For future potential incoming players, don't we want to appear to be good employers? Hard but fair and a good place to work? We have to realise, we're not yet a Milan or a Barca. Not all players don't dream of coming to City to finish their career.

3) We can get a suitable replacement and solider on, the club won't crumble overnight.

Not saying VK wants to go, that he was upset about not being awarded the captaincy in the wake of the Tevez saga, that Milan even want him, or that he doesn't want to be here. But sometimes you have to get on with it.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
These idiots just never do one gramme of research. If they scrolled back a week or so they would see that the notion is just muck raking. Other clubs will undoubtedly want Vinnie 'cos he's the next Dave Ewing or Franco Baresi, but, even though it's a crazy world, Vinnie is a Manc.

They were discussing Bernstein being appointed FA chairman on the radio this morning
when some journo says (i kid you not).. "they have gone for a business man with no football background"

SWP's back said:
allan harper said:
I'm not attending another home game this year, fucking fed up of players treating us fans like shit.

I'm only go to attend one more this year then that's it for 2010, they can suck my balls.
One more it is then, me and you protest after the villa game outside coms.....don't wash your hair for a few days, we've got to do it properly.

Can't afford to lose Vince. I'm not particularly worried about this one though. A bit feeble to say he's unsettled by Tevez's transfer request if you ask me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.