Kompany yellow card/worst decision of the season

SamTheGuru said:
reni800 said:
I'm told Kolarov's yellow against Liverpool at Anfield was a joke, but I haven't seen it, so can't say for sure.

Well what happened was....

Kolarov got tackled, possibly even fouled (high foot against him) and got booked. Really was one of those moments. But then so were the Kompany and Lescott ones against Peter Walton.

-- Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:33 am --

Comrade Buka said:
superstevieg said:
so lets add walton onto the list of refs who despise us ... foy, webb, ...

clattenburg

Pretty sure this Clattenburg one is pretty much a myth. I am sure I saw some stats that show we win about 75% of our games with Clattenburg in charge.

Clattenburg attracts alot of attention but all in all we don't do too badly as mentioned, he was ref at the 6-1 and was very fair that day, just never so sure when we play anyone other than united, i'd guess at a liverpool fan tbh...

Clattenburg didnt give us a stone wall penalty when Richards was fouled when it was only 1-0

See Villa v QPR last night, Phil Dowd as Ref. Villa player crosses, hit QPR defender clearly on arm, similar to Neville one, NO Penalty yet he gave one very quickly against us when the ball bounced up off Richards foot and hit him on the arm. Consistency again

Rule 1898.5 states

' If any City player does a slight shoulder charge it is a yellow card'

The ref was right.

woodi97 said:
this isn't the end

Unfortunately this is what I'm thinking too. We all know that Mario will only be available for 3 or 4 more matches this year because as soon as he makes contact with an opposing player he'll either be sent off or banned the next day because the media won't stop hounding him until he's banned. Kompany and Lescott will continue to be marginalized while other teams get soft penalties and carte blanche to foul City players.

buckshot said:
I think it's pretty ridiculous that every time Balo makes contact with another player he's given a yellow based solely on reputation. It also sucks that players can do anything short of stabbing him with zero chance of even a talking to.
This. Poll said it was the right thing to do to "protect" him so he's basically saying he's getting carded because of his reputation. But the more he gets carded, hte worse his reputation gets. Whereas Adam is just a "tough tackling British player" so gets away with it. If there was real consistency then Adam would get far more cards than Balotelli.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.