Kompany

Like I said earlier on on the thread, mentioning 30 of the best CD's around the world. I dare anyone to point out 10 who are better.

Arguably Lucio, SIlva, Carvahlo, Puyol, Chellini and VIdic, Personally I think he is as good as most, maybe not Lucio, and I slightly favor Thiago SIlva over Kompany. But no one else s clearly better.

Puyol, Vidic, Chiellini Kompany and Carvhalo are all on about the same level with varying superior qualities.

Then there is the like of Pique, Mexes, Benatia, Terry, Vermallen who are in mmy opinion a wrung below Kompany's level. And the likes of Luiz, Badsuber, Hummels, Sahko and Subotic are just beginning to fully round out their full potential, so I wouldn't consider them at the same level yet.

But this season, no CD has been head and shoulders better than Komps, I'd say Thiago and Komps have been 1 and 2 in terms of performance, and Carvahlo 3rd.

Lucio and Puyol missed lot of time due to injury, snf Chiellini has not been at his absolute best.

Thus this year, I'd rank the best CD's as follows
1 Thiago Silva
2. Vincent Kompany
3. Carvahlo
4. Vidic

Gingers Dad said:
A very underrated player outside of MCFC. Always amazes me how he doesn't seem to get any press coverage compared to other centre halves like Smalling and Luiz. Vinnies partnership with Lescott is probably the most physically strong in the league

Exactly. And if I had to choose between Boyata and Smalling, regardless of position, i'd choose our lad every day of the week.

in my opinion top 3 best defenders in the world at the moment, only can think alves and puyol are better... he is consistant and never makes a mistake, got to be player of the year!!

David Luiz and Vermaelam??

What a joke.

the only centre backs you can mention in the same sentence are Thiago Silva, Lucio, Vidic and a fit Rio or Gallas.

edit: and Ricardo Carvalho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.