Kompany

dctid said:
TaylorWill07 said:
anyone who doesnt rate kompany in the top 10 centre backs in the world, either A-doesnt watch city that much....B-plays on football manager too much and belives in big names...C-doesnt know much about football ... D-stupid/looking for an argument...

he is easily! in the top 10 in the world if not in the top 3!, i wouldnt swap him for anybody.

Top 3 you having a fookin laff - i watch City and have done for 30 plus years and at 45 dont play football manager - until he plays against the best against the like of Villa - Messi - Xavi - Iniesta - Ribery - Robben - Forlan - Eto - Sneijder etc etc in fact just about every top striker in then you are fookin guessing - to be the best you have to play against the best and that he aint done

He is quality player but making claims that he is one of the top 3 or top 10 centre backs in the world is nothing more than delusional - he is an outstanding player and potentially could be should be one of the very very best BUT the prem aint over flowing with top top strikers - Rooney and Tranny have been pretty much dog shit - Drogba is still one of the best but aint what he was 2 years ago when he was unplayable and Tevez plays for us.

Bollocks.

If you want to prove yourself against the best. Is there a better place to prove it than the premier league...against Arsenal, Chelsea, ManUnited, Tottenham...and many more?

Ohh..so he has to play against Barcelona first? Not even Madrid defense could prevent them from scoring 5. And they got quality defenders.

He has already proved this season that he is one of the best. You dont have to be in the CL to do that..or the spanish league where Real Madrid and Barcelona dominate.

Same could be said about Messi..is he the best because he plays 36 games in the league against much weaker opponents. Only Real Madrid is a threat.

He hasn't played in the PL against physical sides like Stoke. There are many quality teams here...many sides that are better than the weak CL teams.

3 english teams in the quarter-finals...it tells you how good the league here is.

So dont say he has to prove himself against the best..because there isn't a better place to prove yourself than the Premier league!!!!!!

BlueCityfan said:
dctid said:
Top 3 you having a fookin laff - i watch City and have done for 30 plus years and at 45 dont play football manager - until he plays against the best against the like of Villa - Messi - Xavi - Iniesta - Ribery - Robben - Forlan - Eto - Sneijder etc etc in fact just about every top striker in then you are fookin guessing - to be the best you have to play against the best and that he aint done

He is quality player but making claims that he is one of the top 3 or top 10 centre backs in the world is nothing more than delusional - he is an outstanding player and potentially could be should be one of the very very best BUT the prem aint over flowing with top top strikers - Rooney and Tranny have been pretty much dog shit - Drogba is still one of the best but aint what he was 2 years ago when he was unplayable and Tevez plays for us.

Bollocks.

If you want to prove yourself against the best. Is there a better place to prove it than the premier league...against Arsenal, Chelsea, ManUnited, Tottenham...and many more?

Ohh..so he has to play against Barcelona first? Not even Madrid defense could prevent them from scoring 5. And they got quality defenders.

He has already proved this season that he is one of the best. You dont have to be in the CL to do that..or the spanish league where Real Madrid and Barcelona dominate.

Same could be said about Messi..is he the best because he plays 36 games in the league against much weaker opponents. Only Real Madrid is a threat.

He hasn't played in the PL against physical sides like Stoke. There are many quality teams here...many sides that are better than the weak CL teams.

3 english teams in the quarter-finals...it tells you how good the league here is.

So dont say he has to prove himself against the best..because there isn't a better place to prove yourself than the Premier league!!!!!!

Bet you think DJ fookin Campbell is also i the worlds top 10 -

to be the best you have to do it at all levels in different competitions - like it or not the CL has the very best players and the very best strikers dont fookin currently play in the prem

What makes the best players the best is that they do it for their clubs in the CL and / or intenational or get a FIFA nomination Ballon Dior.

Messi does it at club in the CL against the very best defences and players in the world game consistently that what makes him the player he is not just because of his club form same is said for Villa and the other players

TaylorWill07 said:
anyone who doesnt rate kompany in the top 10 centre backs in the world, either A-doesnt watch city that much....B-plays on football manager too much and belives in big names...C-doesnt know much about football ... D-stupid/looking for an argument...

he is easily! in the top 10 in the world if not in the top 3!, i wouldnt swap him for anybody.

Very much this. Had to laugh at the fools suggesting vermaelen is better. Nobody would mention him if he didn't play for Arsenal. Even my Arsenal supporting mates who pretty much think anybody who plays for Arsenal is automatically world class recognise Vermaelens awful positional sense and vulnerability in 1v1's.

Kayla-CTID said:
Vinnie is top quality..simple as! He's sound as a pound too, came over took a pic with me and signed my shirt. I told him he was a legend..as you do!
Was that after the game ?

dctid said:
BlueCityfan said:
Bollocks.

Bet you think DJ fookin Campbell is also i the worlds top 10 -

to be the best you have to do it at all levels in different competitions - like it or not the CL has the very best players and the very best strikers dont fookin currently play in the prem

What makes the best players the best is that they do it for their clubs in the CL and / or intenational or get a FIFA nomination Ballon Dior.

Messi does it at club in the CL against the very best defences and players in the world game consistently that what makes him the player he is not just because of his club form same is said for Villa and the other players

Yes but you can see the quality of Vinny. He reads the game better and heads the ball better than ever before.

Campbell is a good player in his peak...but no, i dont think he is world class.

Vinnys performance wouldn't drop in the CL. Thats for sure. There are only a few better teams than the ones in Premier league. Like Inter, Real, Milan, Barca, Bayer munich...not so many more.

It's pretty different for defenders and attackers. Vinny will never win a ballon d'or. Vidic is one of the best, if not the best defender in the world. But he isn't regarded as one of the best players in the world.

Defenders get less credit..but when you see a quality defender. You know he is quality..Vinny has everything a good defender need. You can see that he is outstanding.

He is one of the best Cb:s in the world...atleast in the top 10. End off..

When I try looking for alternatives i come up short - he has moulded his game around the premier league, but also evolved his style - to me he is the best defender in the league this year bar none but he will only be regarded as the very best when he is snuffing out the worlds best - see you in the champs league next year vinny and I have no doubt you'll excel there to.

On a side not, are people fucking serious about luiz? He's not on vinnys level and i have reservations if he ever will be.

I agree with those who say that it will be interesting to see him in the CL pitting himself against the very best.

That said, he is the best defender in the PL without question in my eyes. A colossal presence at the back with elegance. Those are a rare breed.

A very underrated player outside of MCFC. Always amazes me how he doesn't seem to get any press coverage compared to other centre halves like Smalling and Luiz. Vinnies partnership with Lescott is probably the most physically strong in the league

I wouldnt swap him for any other centre back in the world.

Although Lescott has been good I still think we need another world class centre back to partner Kompany.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.