Kompany

NathanC said:
Good signing by Leslie.

Yes,just a pity he never realised his potential as a central defender,i know he played him there a couple of times when he had nobody else,had he seen the potential he would of kept him there permanently and he may not of lost his job.

1. Jonny Evans
2. Phil Jones
3. Chris Smalling
4. Vincent Kompany.

Or so they say.

at the moment he is. hands down.
which has me wondering how would scum have fared this year had vidic not got injured??

Every clearance he made today was amazing cleared the half way every time. Must mention lescott aswell he's top of the league you know

Was in the posh seats yesterday and one member of our group was a Bury fan. He wanted City to win but was effectively a neutral. Half way through the game he turned to me and asked how much we'd paid for Kompany? I replied £6m, to which he said it's the best £6m you've ever spent, put a nought on the end and that's what he's worth.

I said defenders don't go for prices like that but even after the game he was adamant that the guy is that good.

BlueMo' said:
NathanC said:
Good signing by Leslie.

If Hughes had his way it would have been Terry
and Lescott in the centre of our defence.
Thank fuck he didn't get his way.

Especially as it'd have cost us an extra £40m!

I think with Puyol, Terry, Nesta, Lucio coming to the end of their careers, Kompany is comfortably in the top 5 centre backs in the world.

I don't rate Pique at all, Hummels can play a pretty pass but I don't think he'd hack it in the Premier League, Martinez has potential but isn't anywhere near Kompany's standard yet, and I don't watch enough Italian football to comment on Chiellini or Thiago Silva.

In my opinion, the only centre back that can rival Vinnie is Vidic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.