Kompany

istillovemikeriley said:
Thiago Silva
Terry
Kompany

un-biased view but i can understand where you guys are coming from.
Fucking terry????????? Lol better than komps??? LOL!!

kenzie115 said:
BlueMo' said:
NathanC said:
Good signing by Leslie.

If Hughes had his way it would have been Terry
and Lescott in the centre of our defence.
Thank fuck he didn't get his way.

Especially as it'd have cost us an extra £40m!

The back 7 players that finished yesterday had 5 Hughes signings, 1 by Pearce and 1 by Mancini.

It is hard to call Hughes on his defensive and midfield signings, he did us a good favour.

If Hughes had Barry a season earlier he would have played VK at CB more often than he did.

Kompany by a country mile. Not only on the field but off as well. He is dignified, intelligent, a clear leader and has a special affinity for City and our fans. Hart and him have a rapport that I have never witnessed in any side between keeper and defender. That alone is very special.

istillovemikeriley said:
richards30 said:
istillovemikeriley said:
Thiago Silva
Terry
Kompany

Where would Chelsea be without Terry? If they win the champions league, who has had a better season, man city or chelsea??
on that basis is torres better than messi because chelsea might win more than Barca?

Airbags Optional said:
istillovemikeriley said:
Thiago Silva
Terry
Kompany

Deluded! Terry is on no level better than Kompany, not fit to tie his laces on talent or a personal level

Good thing it takes more than talent or personal level whatever the hell that means to perform.
I hate the **** john terry but chelsea fans probably feel the same way you guys do about Kompany. Besides come to think of it, Lescott has actually been as good if not better a defender this season. Kompany being a good captain elevates his status to many fans. And after that goal on monday, he will go down as a legend if you guys win the league.

I would love to have Terry playing alongside Colocini any day of the week even if he had a shit personality as many people claim strictly off stupid tabloids.

-- Mon May 07, 2012 12:23 pm --

Blue>Red said:
istillovemikeriley said:
richards30 said:

Where would Chelsea be without Terry? If they win the champions league, who has had a better season, man city or chelsea??
on that basis is torres better than messi because chelsea might win more than Barca?

Way to twist my words to fit the logic you put in your head. I'm just saying, John Terry as much as we non chelsea fans hate him is Chelseas Kompany and has been doing it for years.<br /><br />-- Mon May 07, 2012 12:25 pm --<br /><br />
Ed2607 said:
Kompany by a country mile. Not only on the field but off as well. He is dignified, intelligent, a clear leader and has a special affinity for City and our fans. Hart and him have a rapport that I have never witnessed in any side between keeper and defender. That alone is very special.

hmmm Vincent Kompany better than Thiago Silva? not only that but by a country mile?
Come on now.

He's kept us together when the chips were down and also played immensely. You can't argue that Lescott and Kompany have to be the best centre back pair we've seen for a very long time. They are good mates and get along outside of football as well which is a common trait found in the worlds best centre back pairs. Can't think of anyone else who could be better.

Thiago Silva is over-rated because he has pace, I guarantee the majority of people who say he is the best CB in the world have never seen him play and just have witnessed his stats on Fifa or FM. The few times I have seen him play he has looked quite poor. He doesn't command a defence like Kompany, Vidic and Terry do. For me, Kompany is the best CB in the world. He dominates in the air, his tackling is perfect and he is very comfortable with the ball.

ForzaMancini said:
Thiago Silva is over-rated because he has pace, I guarantee the majority of people who say he is the best CB in the world have never seen him play and just have witnessed his stats on Fifa or FM. The few times I have seen him play he has looked quite poor. He doesn't command a defence like Kompany, Vidic and Terry do. For me, Kompany is the best CB in the world. He dominates in the air, his tackling is perfect and he is very comfortable with the ball.

With all respect to your opinion, most of the top center backs now days are good/decent on the ball. I have watched serie A and Thiago Silva is better than Kompany on the ball. If it was not for him, arsenal would have been through to the semis and that's just the last game i can relate to many people watching.

Like i said, i do not expect many city fans to take any one over Kompany but i'm sure there are other center backs better than him. Although i do think he will be better than Silva when he's the age silva is now. I only play fifa and never wank over stats

istillovemikeriley said:
Way to twist my words to fit the logic you put in your head. I'm just saying, John Terry as much as we non chelsea fans hate him is Chelseas Kompany and has been doing it for years.
I dont hate John Terry, im just making the point players should be judged on ability, and at this present time I dont think theres a better centre half in the world than vinnie, I think Terry is a class centre half, but wouldnt have him in my top 3 centre halves anymore

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.