Kompany

Vienna_70 said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Ducado said:
He sounds very angry for a Sunday night doesn't he

I don't know what or who has upset him, but I disagree with everything he says. I'm not one of Lescott's biggest fans, but
I thought he done good yesterday.

I thought JoLo did well yesterday, too.

OK, he made a couple of mistakes early on, but after that, he was excellent, as was Nastasić when he came on, and the rest of the back four.

Everton's goal was against the run of play and after that, they never really looked like scoring.

Lescott is an excellent and very experienced defender, who has never let us down, and unlike some others, who have been in his position, he hasn't gone running to the media, moaning about his situation.

A top bloke is Joleon Lescott.

Not paying him for his personality - and whats he got to complain about? The guy is on top dollar which doesnt equate to his ability. 23m.......................
As for not making mistakes - lordy! I take it you werent there when we tried to throw the title away against QPR?! Stoke FA Cup final (fortunately the centre forward was at the same level and messed up). He makes a mistake x2 every game he plays - and the one against Everton was pub football error.
Look, he seems a nice chap but a top four footballer he never was. All i'm saying is that 'WE' (City) should have had a better CB in place two seasons ago............................Lescott can play and get away with it against Fulham,crystal palace etc - when the pressure is on he will and does fold.

If Dimichelis comes in it will take months to get the communication and understanding right

Defending is all about moving together as a unit

Against Everton, look at Lukaku's goal:

Kompany went one way, and Lescott the other. One had it his mind to push up and play off side while the other wanted to defend the situation. Incidents like that happen now, imagine how many we'd have with a new defender

Marvin said:
If Dimichelis comes in it will take months to get the communication and understanding right

Kompany went one way, and Lescott the other. One had it his mind to push up and play off side while the other wanted to defend the situation. Incidents like that happen now, imagine how many we'd have with a new defender
Well how long did it take for Nasty to cement his place?

I seriously doubt it would take a defender as experienced as he would take months before being able to do a job.

thing I'm worried about is that Demichellis is slower than either Lescott or Garcia!!!

Eggsy said:
Probably the best defender I've seen playing fir City during my time as a ST holder (29 years) but unfortunately he is now very injury prone and we'll never get more than half a season out of him. Real shame as he's a brilliant leader as well as great player.

If we don't do any other business in Jan transfer window, we have to fine a top draw replacement to take over his mantel.

might I just ask when you joined the medical team at City? FFS the guy has had a season and a bit with an above average number of injuries and you are now qualified to say "we'll NEVER get more than half a season out of him". This place just gets dafter and fucking dafter

Marvin said:

I know what you're saying but this goal would have happened even if they'd been playing together years, as Kompany and Lescott have. Lescott had a moment of madness, stepping up when there was no pressure on the ball. Kompany was doing what any centre half should.

ANY1aBLUE said:
Vienna_70 said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
I don't know what or who has upset him, but I disagree with everything he says. I'm not one of Lescott's biggest fans, but
I thought he done good yesterday.

OK, he made a couple of mistakes early on, but after that, he was excellent, as was Nastasić when he came on, and the rest of the back four.

Everton's goal was against the run of play and after that, they never really looked like scoring.

Lescott is an excellent and very experienced defender, who has never let us down, and unlike some others, who have been in his position, he hasn't gone running to the media, moaning about his situation.

Not paying him for his personality - and whats he got to complain about? The guy is on top dollar which doesnt equate to his ability. 23m.......................
As for not making mistakes - lordy! I take it you werent there when we tried to throw the title away against QPR?! Stoke FA Cup final (fortunately the centre forward was at the same level and messed up). He makes a mistake x2 every game he plays - and the one against Everton was pub football error.
Look, he seems a nice chap but a top four footballer he never was. All i'm saying is that 'WE' (City) should have had a better CB in place two seasons ago............................Lescott can play and get away with it against Fulham,crystal palace etc - when the pressure is on he will and does fold.
With all due respect, if he was never a top 4 footballer, how did we secure a 3rd place finish and a 1st place finish with him as one of our regular centre backs? Because I'm sure Kompany didn't carry him for 2 seasons.
I'd say on the face of it, Kompany and Lescott have had their fair share of mistakes between them, Lescott who is now not particularly our first choice, is more than adequate cover for the moment imo.

BlueTG said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
Vienna_70 said:

With all due respect, if he was never a top 4 footballer, how did we secure a 3rd place finish and a 1st place finish with him as one of our regular centre backs? Because I'm sure Kompany didn't carry him for 2 seasons.
I'd say on the face of it, Kompany and Lescott have had their fair share of mistakes between them, Lescott who is now not particularly our first choice, is more than adequate cover for the moment imo.

Spot on with this assessment, however we still need a top class CH if we are to compete in the champions league. IMO Lescott will move on next summer to make room for one with Nastasic and Demichelis as cover.

kippaxblue76 said:
BlueTG said:
ANY1aBLUE said:

Spot on with this assessment, however we still need a top class CH if we are to compete in the champions league. IMO Lescott will move on next summer to make room for one with Nastasic and Demichelis as cover.
Personally I think Nastasic will be our first choice if he develops with some of the promise he's shown. I think we need another quality centre back to rotate/cover injuries and suspensions and give competition. Kompany's injuries may start to worry me more if he picks up a few more, so a quality centre back is a must in the summer.

I have faith in Lescott for now, and he's cops some unwarranted stick sometimes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.