Kompany

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
corky1970 said:
Vinny will be picked if fit, don't you worry about that.

mmmmm i sniff the GPC in you

youll be saying " no doubt about that " shortly

keeping my eye on this ****
Aye laddy aye ;)
Btw is he fit for Chelsea where did that thread go?

No, he ain't. Still crocked, as just confirmed by Pellers. The man's made of glass. I'll be amazed if he's back next week either. You could tell by his face that he'd pulled/torn something, and based on most of his other absences, he's customarily out for about 4 or 5 weeks. For some bizarre reason Pellegrini doesn't seem prepared to play Micah there under any circumstances, I wouldn't have thought he'll pitch Di Michelis in at the deep end, and he doesn't appear to favour two left footers together.......so you know what that means?! Yup, Garcia. Be afraid, be very afraid!!

Exeter Blue I am here said:
corky1970 said:

Aye laddy aye ;)

No, he ain't. Still crocked, as just confirmed by Pellers. The man's made of glass. I'll be amazed if he's back next week either. You could tell by his face that he'd pulled/torn something, and based on most of his other absences, he's customarily out for about 4 or 5 weeks. For some bizarre reason Pellegrini doesn't seem prepared to play Micah there under any circumstances, I wouldn't have thought he'll pitch Di Michelis in at the deep end, and he doesn't appear to favour two left footers together.......so you know what that means?! Yup, Garcia. Be afraid, be very afraid!!

A couple of things bug me about this; firstly is how we have not managed to come up with a better solution to Kompany's absences than Garcia. The second thing is that Pellegrini seems content, and worryingly may believe it himself, that a needless defeat against Chelsea (which with a better understudy would be easier to avoid) won't really have an impact on the title as it's early in the season!

FFS!

Does he seriously believe that he'll open the door come the last day of the season and the title will be on the doorstep because we went the final 10 games unbeaten! I'll give him something, he certainly views things differently than most of us. I just can't work out whether it's me be paranoid or him being a fool is the reason.

MaineRoadBlue said:
Aye laddy aye ;)

A couple of things bug me about this; firstly is how we have not managed to come up with a better solution to Kompany's absences than Garcia. The second thing is that Pellegrini seems content, and worryingly may believe it himself, that a needless defeat against Chelsea (which with a better understudy would be easier to avoid) won't really have an impact on the title as it's early in the season!

FFS!

Does he seriously believe that he'll open the door come the last day of the season and the title will be on the doorstep because we went the final 10 games unbeaten! I'll give him something, he certainly views things differently than most of us. I just can't work out whether it's me be paranoid or him being a fool is the reason.

We did cover a solution to Kompany's absebce: Demichelis. It's bad luck he got injured so badly straight away.
Where do you pick up the idea Pellegrini seems content with a needless defeat vs Chelsea? He does however stays loyal to his system and way of playing, and yes, he won't panick when we do drop points here and there. feels it's more important to have all squadmembers get to know this and function in it as best as they can.
So far we're only 3p behind the leaders. So I guess it's you being paranoid AND a fool maybe?

corky1970 said:

Aye laddy aye ;)

is he fuck "made of glass"

BringBackSwales said:
Aye laddy aye ;)

4 x 1 month long injuries in the last season and a bit, and not one the result of a bad challenge. All muscle pulls with no-one near him, followed by suddenly sitting down in the middle of the pitch and waiting for the trainer. He was a sally sick note at Hamburg as well. Great player and I love him to bits, but he absolutely is made of glass. Some people's muscles are more cut out for the demands of professional football than others. Jack Rodwell is another. If he sees a coin on the floor, his hamstrings twang at the mere thought of picking it up

BringBackSwales said:

4 x 1 month long injuries in the last season and a bit, and not one the result of a bad challenge. All muscle pulls with no-one near him, followed by suddenly sitting down in the middle of the pitch and waiting for the trainer. He was a sally sick note at Hamburg as well. Great player and I love him to bits, but he absolutely is made of glass. Some people's muscles are more cut out for the demands of professional football than others. Jack Rodwell is another. If he sees a coin on the floor, his hamstrings twang at the mere thought of picking it up
His average is 36 games a season in his career. Not fantastic, but it's not made of glass. That includes that one serious injury he had which was his ankle, not muscular and restricted him to 11 games in his first season at Hamburg. With us he's averaged about 41 games a season, excluding internationals.

"His average is 36 games a season in his career. Not fantastic, but it's not made of glass. That includes that one serious injury he had which was his ankle, not muscular and restricted him to 11 games in his first season at Hamburg. With us he's averaged about 41 games a season, excluding internationals."

I suppose the problem is that we rely on him so much.
09/10 City played 48
10/11 59
11/12 55
12/13 49

If he's averaging 41, on a good season in the cups he's missing 15/16 matches, more than a quarter.

IOWBlue said:
"His average is 36 games a season in his career. Not fantastic, but it's not made of glass. That includes that one serious injury he had which was his ankle, not muscular and restricted him to 11 games in his first season at Hamburg. With us he's averaged about 41 games a season, excluding internationals."

09/10 City played 48
10/11 59
11/12 55
12/13 49

If he's averaging 41, on a good season in the cups he's missing 15/16 matches, more than a quarter.
It doesn't really work to scale it like, because the number of games he plays also depends on the number of games we play, If we only played 55 - 60 games a season his average would be higher. And even if he was fully fit all season i wouldn't expect him to play every game either.

These minor muscle injuries are annoying, but i don't find them overly concerning, not yet anyway.

pee dubya said:
IOWBlue said:

09/10 City played 48
10/11 59
11/12 55
12/13 49

It doesn't really work to scale it like, because the number of games he plays also depends on the number of games we play, If we only played 55 - 60 games a season his average would be higher. And even if he was fully fit all season i wouldn't expect him to play every game either.

These minor muscle injuries are annoying, but i don't find them overly concerning, not yet anyway.
Yeah accounting for CC early rounds and FA cup, plus suspensions which are often inevitable for a defender over the course of a season, 41 is a good average I guess.

Not too concerned yet, but I'm worried that his stop start presence may affect the team somewhere along the way, just hope he gets fit, stays fit and plays a long run of games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.