Kompany

If he is getting recurring groin injuries it is a big worry for me.

Had to stop playing sunday league football as every time i started ended up with another hernia - had 4 then called it a day.

mancity1 said:
SiWatts90 said:
mancity1 said:
The trouble with soft tissue injuries is that surgery for these type of tears doesn't mean its less likely to happen again.

Surgery normally means a longer time on the sidelines to allow the scar tissue to heel and knit.

VK has had a history of soft tissue injuries and often tears the muscle in the tackle.

I think this is the fourth in the past two seasons alone.

It's the same with players with suspect ligaments they often do more than one in their careers and we know that ACL's and many PCL's are season ending.

He says he won't change the way he plays but alas he might have to if he wants to extend his career.

No Silva , No VK No Garcia, No Ferno ( maybe ) , No Jovetic ( maybe ) against Spurs?

TH6061 will be hard to stop number crunching in the lead up to the game.

I get what you are saying mate but when I was 13, I tore the ligaments in my knee, just over a year later I did it again, at 17 they gave me the option of surgery and touch wood I haven't suffered since, although I did stop playing footy at this point but got into weightlifting.

I agree regarding THFC we are gona be bamboozled by graphs ;)

One of the best players potentially at least that plays for the AFL team I support has done his ACL four times and he hasn't turned 23 yet.

No guarantees he won't do it again assuming he plays again.

What VK has to do is learn how to manage his body better on match days.

I really fear for the bloke longevity wise and Belgium might do some damage in Rio but he won't last the tournament or even get there unless the medico's and VK himself realise that he has to change the way he tackles or prey tell avoids the challenge altogether which clearly would make his less effective.

He is a class act when on song which is most of time with us.

While not a verbose leader he is the best at inspiring others with his actions along with Zabba and just on that point why Zabba isn't captain when VK is out all the time defies all logic to me.
Applying explosive force is part and parcel of football.

This is a routine injury which footballers get, and it's not a repeat of the calf injuries he had before. City's medical staff will be working on injury prevention.

RVP has been free of injuries to his groin for 2 seasons now. Richard Dunne never used to miss a game, then suddenly at Villa he missed 2 seasons because of a groin injury and now he's back.

These injuries are a hazard of the game.

onceabluealways said:

Had to stop playing sunday league football as every time i started ended up with another hernia - had 4 then called it a day.
He isn't. Where did you get that from? And a hernia is different to the injury Kompany has.

Sky now reporting another three weeks at least

Some Belgium physio saying this. World Cup year coming, seems Belgium ready to play games with us.

SiWatts90 said:
Well, I am happy to volunteer my Mrs if he needs his groin massaging back to fitness ;)

I noticed when he tackles he tends to do the splits as he slides, could this be an issue for him?
I don't know. I doubt it. I don't recall him tearing a groin muscle before at City and he's been here 3-4 years so I wouldn't worry. Muscle tears tend to happen when the whole body is tired leading to poor nervous co-ordination of a muscle group which in turn leads to one muscle in a particular group receiving too much load. Or when the force is simply too great for the body to take.

Despite the best intentions of the scare-mongers (why do they do that?), the strong suggestion is that City's talismanic Captain is closing in on a return.

Just heard on sky sports somebody from the belgium medical team tellin us that kompany wiil be out for another three weeks. i cant believe he is with the belgium team. what s going on, we are supposed to be a big club, he should be no where near the belgium team, should be at carrington getting fit. farce. can you imigine s.a.f. letting one of his most important players, who is injured, join up with the national team for a friendly. my arse.

We're going to get very little out of him this season with the WC coming up.

Belgium will want him fit as we get closer to the end of the season he'll either inadvertently or by choice begin to easy off to make the finals where with the amount of games in a short period he could be fucked again for the start of next season.

Hope I'm wrong but i'm not feeling the love about City at the moment.

Marvin said:
onceabluealways said:

He isn't. Where did you get that from? And a hernia is different to the injury Kompany has.

Apologies thought he had at least two recent groin but looks like lot of different injuries according to WWW

13/14 10.10.2013 24.11.2013 Hamstring Injury
13/14 19.08.2013 16.09.2013 Groin Injury
12/13 26.01.2013 15.03.2013 Calf Injury
12/13 09.12.2012 21.12.2012 Hamstring Injury
09/10 13.07.2009 05.10.2009 Toe Injury
07/08 26.04.2008 07.05.2008 Strain
07/08 08.03.2008 15.03.2008 tear in the abductor muscle
07/08 15.09.2007 20.10.2007 tear in the abductor muscle

Okay other than massaging and sorts now I dont believe he needs much else and is already in light training. Also he isnt playing and it may well be HIS wish that he wants to be there to support his national team

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.