Kompany

johnbmcr said:
King Geedorah said:
acton28 said:
A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.

And a dented wing will never fly again.

not strictly true depends on the wing the material its constructed from and the nature of the dent just saying

on safer ground with a watch pot never makes a silk sow

Got a better one. It's a long time out for a groin or thigh strain [depends if you're MCFC or Belgium FA] that doesn't require surgery. Funny, that...

If he isn't back until at least December, then we need to sort something out in the winter window about bringing in the best centre half available. If its happened twice already this season, it might happen again, which is going to put a lot of pressure on the forwards to outscore the opposition every time our defence gifts people goals.

jimharri said:
Could be out for another 3 weeks, according to the Belgians' medical team. Fan-fucking-tastic.
:-(
At least that means he definitely won't be playing any silly international friendlies. Does anybody know if the likes of Yaya, Zabaleta, Sergio and Negredo will be travelling anywhere?

Not good news at all to see him away for yet another three weeks.

What should we do? Hope that this is just a bad run of unfortunate injuries? Accept the fact that he is quite injury prone and look for a permanent replacement?

As they say, the best way to predict the future is to look at the past, and that doesn't exactly bode well for Captain Vincent.

SiWatts90 said:
Why didn't we just send him for surgery in the first place, he'd have been out just as long anyway and probably wouldn't re-occur..

The trouble with soft tissue injuries is that surgery for these type of tears doesn't mean its less likely to happen again.

Surgery normally means a longer time on the sidelines to allow the scar tissue to heel and knit.

VK has had a history of soft tissue injuries and often tears the muscle in the tackle.

I think this is the fourth in the past two seasons alone.

It's the same with players with suspect ligaments they often do more than one in their careers and we know that ACL's and many PCL's are season ending.

He says he won't change the way he plays but alas he might have to if he wants to extend his career.

No Silva , No VK No Garcia, No Ferno ( maybe ) , No Jovetic ( maybe ) against Spurs?

TH6061 will be hard to stop number crunching in the lead up to the game.

mancity1 said:
SiWatts90 said:
Why didn't we just send him for surgery in the first place, he'd have been out just as long anyway and probably wouldn't re-occur..

The trouble with soft tissue injuries is that surgery for these type of tears doesn't mean its less likely to happen again.

Surgery normally means a longer time on the sidelines to allow the scar tissue to heel and knit.

VK has had a history of soft tissue injuries and often tears the muscle in the tackle.

It's the same with players with suspect ligaments they often do more than one in their careers and we know that ACL's and many PCL's are season ending.

He says he won't change the way he plays but alas he might have to if he wants to extend his career.

No Silva , No VK No Garcia, No Ferno ( maybe ) , No Jovetic ( maybe ) against Spurs?

I get what you are saying mate but when I was 13, I tore the ligaments in my knee, just over a year later I did it again, at 17 they gave me the option of surgery and touch wood I haven't suffered since, although I did stop playing footy at this point but got into weightlifting.

I agree regarding THFC we are gona be bamboozled by graphs ;)

Bad news? I think in our own minds we had all ruled him out for Spurs.

This suggests he is 3 weeks away which is the Swansea game!

Bit annoying that any news we get comes from the Belgian FA and not City allowing all kinds of theories and speculation to develop. Also City said this was a thigh strain when the information we now have was that it was a complete tear of the groin muscle.

Have to treat it with caution - he still has to start training, and be pain-free, and allow the injury to heal.

SiWatts90 said:
mancity1 said:
SiWatts90 said:

I get what you are saying mate but when I was 13, I tore the ligaments in my knee, just over a year later I did it again, at 17 they gave me the option of surgery and touch wood I haven't suffered since, although I did stop playing footy at this point but got into weightlifting.

I agree regarding THFC we are gona be bamboozled by graphs ;)

One of the best players potentially at least that plays for the AFL team I support has done his ACL four times and he hasn't turned 23 yet.

No guarantees he won't do it again assuming he plays again.

What VK has to do is learn how to manage his body better on match days.

I really fear for the bloke longevity wise and Belgium might do some damage in Rio but he won't last the tournament or even get there unless the medico's and VK himself realise that he has to change the way he tackles or prey tell avoids the challenge altogether which clearly would make his less effective.

He is a class act when on song which is most of time with us.

While not a verbose leader he is the best at inspiring others with his actions along with Zabba and just on that point why Zabba isn't captain when VK is out all the time defies all logic to me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.