Kondogbia

FantasyIreland said:
moomba said:
Stories aren't suggesting we're going to pay £17m for him though.

Isn't that a combined price for him and Navas?

Yes, it was. I remember the story also. And Navas is rated at £15m, so...

Just watched him play for Sevilla against Atleti in Cops Del Rey semi. Looked very good, assured on the ball, two good feet, a good range of passing. Sadly sent off in injury time for poor tackle and poss kick in bollox.

blueyorkie said:
Just watched him play for Sevilla against Atleti in Cops Del Rey semi. Looked very good, assured on the ball, two good feet, a good range of passing. Sadly sent off in injury time for poor tackle and poss kick in bollox.

Is he better than we have and does he offer anything different?

FantasyIreland said:
blueyorkie said:

Is he better than we have and does he offer anything different?
Very difficult to judge, on paper he offers more than Barry and Milner I would say in central midfield. Probably Rodwell as well but those three players have more experience than he has and who knows if he will ever be a success.

For a few million that is being rumored he could be a shrewd signing but we would have to cut probably 2-3 midfielders to give him a proper chance.

Given that we can give him adequate playing time (and considering the upcoming cuts in the squad we keep hearing about this summer I believe we can) I would love to have him at the club!

Did look very confident on the ball against Atletico and can only get better.

Could probably get him at a really good price cause everyone knows Sevilla need to the money. They halved their asking price for Negredo in January. There would be no losers in this deal, he and Pogba are the future of France's midfield.

I think we could be signing this lad, the reports in Spain saying we're going for him are continuous... Arsenal are also being linked with him and there is even a rumour he has a £6.9million release clause (others say we'll pay £8million to £10million for him). Anyway our head Spanish scout Rob Newman has been watching him more or less every week for Sevilla. A list of his performance ratings from Whoscored this season: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.whoscored.com/Players/91978/Fixtures/Geoffrey-Kondogbia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.whoscored.com/Players/91978/ ... -Kondogbia</a>. Doesn't seem to be the finished product yet but has a lot of potential to be a dominant midfielder by most accounts. He'd probably be "one for the future" if we signed him... could spell the end for Razak if we do.

Real Madrid and Juventus have apparently made their interest known in him, time to get this deal done if we're in for him. Dortmund, PSG, and CSKA also showing interest. Don't want us being beaten to young talents by other clubs (ie. Hazard last summer).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.