Kondogbia

After watching a few YouTube videos (Yes I know it's only YouTube) he looks EXACTLY what we need.

Good forward passing, strong, good feed and touch for a tall guy, and young. Him and Yaya in the centre could be a dream midfield for years!

Translation from Mercato365
-------------------------------------

Manchester City is positioned concretely on the record of Geoffrey Kondogbia, midfielder of FC Sevilla.

Supervised several times in recent weeks, Geoffrey Kondogbia (20 years), the franco-centrafricain recovery of Sevilla FC midfielder, attracts pronounced and concrete of Manchester City. After finding good interlocutor, the Citizens intend to advance discussions with the entourage of former Badruzzaman, whose contract expires in June 2017. But watch out for the competition from Real Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Inter Milan and Monaco, who are also on the move
- See more at: <a class="postlink" href="http://131.253.14.98/proxy.ashx?h=XDBpOaYo1Inmi5Cpre1ANmUlMPWnwhKE&a=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mercato365.com%2Fetranger%2Fangleterre%2Fmanchester-city-concret-pour-kondogbia-1008547.shtml#sthash.hBEPZqxT.dpuf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://131.253.14.98/proxy.ashx?h=XDBpO ... PZqxT.dpuf</a>

We are linked to dozens of players as always but it seems more of them now are those with star potential who've yet to hit it while in the past it was those who are already stars.

I think we are in for one wild, fascinating summer.

We better get a move on if we want him because AS reports that Real Madrid have made a £7million bid, AC Milan have made a £10million bid, and Inter Milan have made an £8.5million bid with 30% sell-on clause.

CTID101 said:
FantasyIreland said:
blueyorkie said:
Just watched him play for Sevilla against Atleti in Cops Del Rey semi. Looked very good, assured on the ball, two good feet, a good range of passing. Sadly sent off in injury time for poor tackle and poss kick in bollox.

Is he better than we have and does he offer anything different?
Very difficult to judge, on paper he offers more than Barry and Milner I would say in central midfield. Probably Rodwell as well but those three players have more experience than he has and who knows if he will ever be a success.

For a few million that is being rumored he could be a shrewd signing but we would have to cut probably 2-3 midfielders to give him a proper chance.

crikey he is that good?!

Its not how good he is but if we were to sign him he would be behind Milner, Barry, Yaya, Garcia and Rodwell.

Of course he may turn up and Mancini might stick most of those on the bench but on paper he will be looking and thinking whats the chance I am going to play.

I may be wrong and the management might think, Garcia and Barry are the defensive mids, Rodwell and Kondogbia are the central midfielders and Yaya is an attacking mid. Milner is a winger but backup to all midfield positions.

So in reality he is competing with Rodwell for a spot alongside Garcia or Barry with Yaya infront of them.

CTID101 said:
Its not how good he is but if we were to sign him he would be behind Milner, Barry, Yaya, Garcia and Rodwell.

Of course he may turn up and Mancini might stick most of those on the bench but on paper he will be looking and thinking whats the chance I am going to play.

I may be wrong and the management might think, Garcia and Barry are the defensive mids, Rodwell and Kondogbia are the central midfielders and Yaya is an attacking mid. Milner is a winger but backup to all midfield positions.

So in reality he is competing with Rodwell for a spot alongside Garcia or Barry with Yaya infront of them.

Rodwells never fit so that's neither here nor there and he's quicker than Garcia aso would give us more options whne fielded.

I think we should wait and see how Rodwell progresses on his new training regime before we say he is never fit and so what if he is quicker than Garcia. Walcott is faster than Falcao does that mean he is a better striker? or Kyle Walker is faster than Zabaleta does that mean he is a better defender?

CTID101 said:
I think we should wait and see how Rodwell progresses on his new training regime before we say he is never fit and so what if he is quicker than Garcia. Walcott is faster than Falcao does that mean he is a better striker? or Kyle Walker is faster than Zabaleta does that mean he is a better defender?

We have a midfield that needs more speed. You can see this clearly beacuse we struggle with counters. I don't particularly rate Garcia either, although Barry I do.

As for Rodwell neveer being fit, I stand by my comment. He's no different here than he was at Everto. He's a perma-crock. I hope he battles through it and the injuries cease but it's wishful and we could well have another RSC on the books.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.