Kondogbia

Manchester City could get the ball rolling on a summer deal to sign Geoffrey Kondogbia with a bid of just £5m, it has emerged.

It was reported that Sevilla were not prepared to listen to offers below £17m for the highly rated midfielder, who is wanted by the Premier League champions.

But now Jose Maria del Nido, who is president of the Spanish side, has confirmed that a much lower bid would force them to negotiate.

Doyen Investment Group currently hold a 50 per cent of 20-year-old Kondogbia's rights, as a part of the deal which took him from Lens to Seville last summer.

There is a clause in the deal which states that the La Liga side would be required to negotiate with Doyen to acquire their share in Kondogbia if a £5m bid is lodged by another club.

But with Sevilla experiencing money problems, they may not be in a position to do that this summer, which could allow City to land him outright.

But if the combative midfielder, a France Under-20 international, is available at a bargain price, there will be a long list of clubs, including Real Madrid, vying to sign him.

Del Nido, however, was confident he won't be forced to sell on the cheap. He said: "We are not discussing the possible departure or arrival of any player because we still have the chance of getting into the Europa League.

"It is true that with an offer of €6m, Sevilla are required to negotiate buying the remaining 50 per cent [from Doyen]. But, this has been the case with many players when they have come to be sold on.

"Sevilla hold 100 per cent of Kondogbia's rights. No-one can talk to the player without our permission and he has four-and-a-half years left on his contract."

Watched him again before against Atletico. The way he moves and composes himself you can really see the similarities to Yaya. Very good with the ball and plays some lovely passes, rarely misplaced one either. Has a good shot on him too.

Anything £12million or below would be a good investment and if that report above is to be believed there may be a way of getting him dirt cheap.

In his first season here I think he would be used initially in a rotation role (could we finally rest Yaya?) but to me he seems to have the quality to play 20+ games already. It would almost certainly mean the end for Garcia though if there was a buyer, our squad can only contain so many defensive midfielders and I think Barry will stay. Unless we signed Kondogbia then loaned him out.

LoveCity said:
Watched him again before against Atletico. The way he moves and composes himself you can really see the similarities to Yaya. Very good with the ball and plays some lovely passes, rarely misplaced one either. Has a good shot on him too.

Anything £12million or below would be a good investment and if that report above is to be believed there may be a way of getting him dirt cheap.

In his first season here I think he would be used initially in a rotation role (could we finally rest Yaya?) but to me he seems to have the quality to play 20+ games already. It would almost certainly mean the end for Garcia though if there was a buyer, our squad can only contain so many defensive midfielders and I think Barry will stay. Unless we signed Kondogbia then loaned him out.
haven't seen much of him but he seems like exactly what we need, an alternative to Yaya but how is he on defense, cause we have been missing that ball winner type player since de Jong left.

Not seeing what some are seeing, first touch is horrible, footwork is lowsy, can't see him making the cut. Rodwell and Milner are a class above this guy.

Seems to have a great potential.

Watched Sevilla's last match (albeit 10-15 minutes) specifically to watch him! From what I have seen, I can understand why we are interested in him.
We should not waste this opportunity to sign such talent.

This coming Transfer window should be very "entertaining" for us!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.