Kun Aguero 16

Vienna_70 said:
mcfc1996 said:
Vienna_70 said:
Thanks, clubfoot and C-MCFC.

-- Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:04 am --

And how many printing machines were there?

If one or more was out of commission, then it's fair enough to criticise, but if they were all working, I don't think anyone can call the club.

After all, there are days when hardly anyone is there wanting shirt printing, so there's no point in having too many machines.

And after all, it was the first Saturday after the lad was signed, so it's not really surprising that it was very busy.

We queued for a hour. Not all machines were being used.

Then that really is a disgrace.

City at its infuriating worst again!

Yeah it took about 1 hour for my son's shirt too. There was about 8 -10 printing machines and only 4 were manned. One young lad was really frustrating - took him about 15 minutes each shirt!

mcfc_ms said:
Good to see us flogging loads of Aguero shirts. Great that the club is doing them for free too

Remember reading that Real Madrid more or less got their money back from shirt sales when they signed the fake Ronaldo
Wow i didnt know that

I wonder how many Aguero shirts we have sold already?

-- Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:54 am --

cookster said:
Vienna_70 said:
mcfc1996 said:

Yeah it took about 1 hour for my son's shirt too. There was about 8 -10 printing machines and only 4 were manned. One young lad was really frustrating - took him about 15 minutes each shirt!

What name did your son get?<br /><br />-- Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:54 am --<br /><br />
cookster said:
Vienna_70 said:
mcfc1996 said:

What name did your son get?

Bristol-Blue said:
Vienna_70 said:
Are there any Spanish language experts (or anyone) who can tell me what Kun means?

Also, is the ü used regularly in Spanish? I've never come across it in Sanish before.

Just wondering.

i've only seen "ü" in one other word before, vergüenza which means shy.

for the record, agüero means omen/prediction in spanish.

Thanks for the info.<br /><br />-- Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:32 pm --<br /><br />
raininspain said:
Vienna_70 said:
Are there any Spanish language experts (or anyone) who can tell me what Kun means?

Also, is the ü used regularly in Spanish? I've never come across it in Sanish before.

Just wondering.

A ver, os explico (let's see, here's the explanation):

In any Spanish word which is spelt with a 'g' followed by a 'u', then the 'u' is normally not pronounced. Most English speakers pronounce 'San Miguel' beer wrongly, something like 'San Migwel'.

When the letter 'u' follows a 'g' and needs to be pronounced, then a dieresis (like the German umlaut) is added. Spanish orthography and pronunciation are identical, unlike English.

Other words, apart from 'Agüero' are:

ambigüedad
pingüino
vergüenza
cigüeña
lingüística
desagüe

Saludos!

Gracias.

I studied Spanish for two years, but only at a beginners level and as I said, I've never come across the 'ü' before.

So does that mean that San Miguel is pronounced 'San Migel' and the 'u' is added to make the 'g' sound like it does in 'give' rather than it doed in 'gin'?

Vienna_70 said:
Bristol-Blue said:
Vienna_70 said:

Just wondering.

i've only seen "ü" in one other word before, vergüenza which means shy.

for the record, agüero means omen/prediction in spanish.

Thanks for the info.

-- Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:32 pm --

raininspain said:
Vienna_70 said:

Just wondering.

A ver, os explico (let's see, here's the explanation):

In any Spanish word which is spelt with a 'g' followed by a 'u', then the 'u' is normally not pronounced. Most English speakers pronounce 'San Miguel' beer wrongly, something like 'San Migwel'.

When the letter 'u' follows a 'g' and needs to be pronounced, then a dieresis (like the German umlaut) is added. Spanish orthography and pronunciation are identical, unlike English.

Other words, apart from 'Agüero' are:

ambigüedad
pingüino
vergüenza
cigüeña
lingüística
desagüe

Saludos!

Gracias.

I studied Spanish for two years, but only at a beginners level and as I said, I've never come across the 'ü' before.

So does that mean that San Miguel is pronounced 'San Migel' and the 'u' is added to make the 'g' sound like it does in 'give' rather than it doed in 'gin'?

The letter 'g' in Spanish has two different possible pronunciations, depending on the vowel or consonant that it is followed by.

It's velar before consonants and before the vowels 'a', 'o' and 'u'. 'Gamba', for example, is pronounced like the English velar 'g' in 'garden'.

Before the vowels 'i' and 'e' it's more complicated for English speakers, as it's pronounced with a fricative sound, as in 'girasol'. The sound of the 'g' here sounds as if you're spitting!

Sorry about the technical stuff!

clifford said:
mcfc_ms said:
Good to see us flogging loads of Aguero shirts. Great that the club is doing them for free too

Remember reading that Real Madrid more or less got their money back from shirt sales when they signed the fake Ronaldo
Wow i didnt know that

I wonder how many Aguero shirts we have sold already?

cookster said:
Vienna_70 said:

cookster said:
Vienna_70 said:

Kun Aguero

I got new shirt yesterday with kun Aguero 16. They had ran out of the little dots and it cost me £12 it was only free on Friday. Said in-storethat it's still free online though. Don't know why it's not free in-store.

Cost me £51 with my 10% SC discount.

Trying to order online for the free printing but can you not get the 10% discount online?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.