Kun Aguero

Freestyler said:
Rooney isn't world class, Rooney isn't the best player in the world. He's never been the best player in the world and he will never ever be the best player in the world.

Not consistent enough, goes hiding and yes i'm being serious. Complete bottle job on so many occasions.

I've always said he is Overrated, not calling him a bad player. He's just overrated and my opinion on that will not change.

I'd take Drogba over Rooney, and i'm being serioius.

Who said he was the best player in the world? That is clearly not true as Messi is a level above most, then it's Xavi and Iniesta.

It's a shame how fickle some of you are. I fully understand that this is bluemoon and the majority of you are great posters, but to say Rooney isnt world class really is strange.

The likes of Messi, Xavi, and even your own Aguero (put him in his World XI in the Champions league mag) rate him as one of the best in the game. I will take their opinions seriously.

arsenalrob said:
Rooney is clearly on the level of Silva and Fabregas. Silva is a smashing player but what has he proved over Rooney? Rooeny has scored in the CL final, scored over 100 goals for United, done well with England etc...

Has he bollocks, just like Lampard he's been a constant disappointment for England. Never scores when it matters and has a woeful strike rate, Crouch outscores him.

Rooney has world class flashes but to me slides in and out of form far too much to be truly world class. Like last season he played like a pub footballer until that overhead kick against us, he was gash up till then.

Dirk Kuyt has also scored in a CL final.

LoveCity said:
arsenalrob said:
Rooney is clearly on the level of Silva and Fabregas. Silva is a smashing player but what has he proved over Rooney? Rooeny has scored in the CL final, scored over 100 goals for United, done well with England etc...

Has he bollocks, just like Lampard he's been a constant disappointment for England. Never scores when it matters and has a woeful strike rate, Crouch outscores him.

Rooney has world class flashes but to me slides in and out of form far too much to be truly world class. Like last season he played like a pub footballer until that overhead kick against us, he was gash up till then.

So you are saying Rooney is an average player whilst Silva has proved more than him?

arsenalrob said:
LoveCity said:
arsenalrob said:

So you are saying Rooney is an average player whilst Silva has proved more than him?

No, I'm saying Rooney is a very good player who has his world class moments but isn't a world class footballer, like far too many English players who show the glimpses but can't seem to sustain it. Aguero and Van Persie are both superior strikers in England alone.

Silva has already done more at international level than Rooney (Euro 2008 winner as a starter, World Cup 2010 winner, played in about half their games) and the only reason he's accomplished little at club level yet is he, unlike Rooney, had a long-standing loyalty to the club that produced him. Silva will win many trophies in the next half decade of his career. Since any top club in the world would have him he could theoretically go and win trophies right away but is a unique type of person who joined us over Real Madrid because we made the most effort to buy him.

arsenalrob said:
Freestyler said:
Rooney isn't world class, Rooney isn't the best player in the world. He's never been the best player in the world and he will never ever be the best player in the world.

Not consistent enough, goes hiding and yes i'm being serious. Complete bottle job on so many occasions.

I've always said he is Overrated, not calling him a bad player. He's just overrated and my opinion on that will not change.

I'd take Drogba over Rooney, and i'm being serioius.

Who said he was the best player in the world? That is clearly not true as Messi is a level above most, then it's Xavi and Iniesta.

It's a shame how fickle some of you are. I fully understand that this is bluemoon and the majority of you are great posters, but to say Rooney isnt world class really is strange.

The likes of Messi, Xavi, and even your own Aguero (put him in his World XI in the Champions league mag) rate him as one of the best in the game. I will take their opinions seriously.

I just thought i'd throw it in, cause apparently year before last he was (we all know he wasn't)

class player yes don't get me wrong. But they go on about him far too much, everytime he touches it the commentators power wank, he scores a tap in he's the greatest thing ever.

he's not even the best striker in the country, never mind one of the best in the world.

LoveCity said:
arsenalrob said:
LoveCity said:

No, I'm saying Rooney is a very good player who has his world class moments but isn't a world class footballer, like far too many English players who show the glimpses but can't seem to sustain it. Aguero and Van Persie are both superior strikers in England alone.

Silva has already done more at international level than Rooney (Euro 2008 winner as a starter, World Cup 2010 winner, played in about half their games) and the only reason he's accomplished little at club level yet is he, unlike Rooney, had a long-standing loyalty to the club that produced him. Silva will win many trophies in the next half decade of his career. Since any top club in the world would have him he could theoretically go and win trophies right away but is a unique type of person who joined us over Real Madrid because we made the most effort to buy him.

^^^^ This is a pretty good summation for me.

Spot on.

DTeacher said:
LoveCity said:
arsenalrob said:

^^^^ This is a pretty good summation for me.

Spot on.

Yeah, think he put it better than I could. Glad I'm not on my own.

A fantastic player and a fantastic performance,an inspiration,he gave everything out there and was undoubtedly MOTM,although Milner wasn't far behind.
He seems to have fitted into our club very smoothly.

cant believe people think Rooney is better than Aguero... Aguero was the best player on the park today.
Rooney wasnt even United's best player. Welbeck and Valencia contributed to them winning more than he did.

Kun was easily man of the match for me last night. What a fighter! And what commitment and passion he showed when he scored the second.

Fucking brought me to tears that did. Still does when just thinking about it.
3-1 down to the rags, one man short, rain pissing down, he had already ran his guts out... and he reacts like that after scoring.
Love him even more today than I did yesterday, but probably not as much as I will in a few days or so.

Love him!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.