Kyle Walker - 2017/2018 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isnt it strange that these qualities didn't reveal themselves to City fans until he started playing for us!

Strange.

Many posters were saying he lacks the intelligence needed to play Pep's way and cited his passing as not good enough.

Clearly not the case, many of them should hold up their hand.

Knew Walker was really good but after watching him he's even much better than expected. Will be recognized as one of the best right backs in the world very soon, so under rated.

Strange.

Many posters were saying he lacks the intelligence needed to play Pep's way and cited his passing as not good enough.

Clearly not the case, many of them should hold up their hand.

Knew Walker was really good but after watching him he's even much better than expected. Will be recognized as one of the best right backs in the world very soon, so under rated.
I've said on here before that his positional sense and ability to "read" a game can be suspect, and he relies on his pace to get him out of trouble. Hopefully Pep and his staff will be able to work on that with him. The early signs look promising.

I've said on here before that his positional sense and ability to "read" a game can be suspect, and he relies on his pace to get him out of trouble. Hopefully Pep and his staff will be able to work on that with him. The early signs look promising.

There was a perfect example of his suspect n
positioning for the Alli chance in the first minute vs Spurs. He was five yards ahead of Kompany and Stones when the cross came in yet stopped and stuck his hand up for offside. He then doesn't have a clue that Alli is behind him and it's only a great stop by Ederson that stops us from being 1-0 down.

He's really, really impressed me during preseason. I'm one of those who was completely underwhelmed when we were first linked but I'm more than happy to hold my hands up on that one. I know it's only preseason but I've completely underrated his intelligence and composure.

He's really, really impressed me during preseason. I'm one of those who was completely underwhelmed when we were first linked but I'm more than happy to hold my hands up on that one. I know it's only preseason but I've completely underrated his intelligence and composure.
Happy you are too :p

We need more folks who got it wrong admiting it ;)

Happy you are too :p

We need more folks who got it wrong admiting it ;)

Let's toot our horns together Dax. Remember in the Walker thread when I posted that I must be an idiot because it seemed like I was one of the few that thought he was excellent and you quoted me and agreed?

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.