Kyle Walker : 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our achievements over the past two seasons are incredible and Walker deserves a lot of praise because he's been a mainstay during that period. However, even a brilliant team can have weak links and Walker is probably ours. I think it's pretty clear that if Cancelo comes in, it won't be just to be a back up.

Our achievements over the past two seasons are incredible and Walker deserves a lot of praise because he's been a mainstay during that period. However, even a brilliant team can have weak links and Walker is probably ours. I think it's pretty clear that if Cancelo comes in, it won't be just to be a back up.
Completely disagree-he just needs a break. Great player. Haven't seen anything of Cancelo but Walker's recovery pace vital to how we play. Can't think of a better right back we've had.

Completely disagree-he just needs a break. Great player. Haven't seen anything of Cancelo but Walker's recovery pace vital to how we play. Can't think of a better right back we've had.
I'm not disputing he's been a great signing but I think the competition will do him good.

Piece in the Telegraph today that highlights England players whose time on the international stage may be up, with Dier, Lingard, Delph, and Walker named. Given the number of games he has to play domestically, it might be no bad thing if he didn’t have that distraction.

Getting a new contract apparently, past 2022.

Not sure I'm a fan of that given he'll be 32 when the current one expires anyway. Maybe just a well earned payrise and 1 more year added.

Given that he's 29 and still has three years left on his current deal, I'm not sure an extension would be wise, especially when pace is his biggest asset.

Kyle Walker has agreed terms on a new two-year contract extension at Manchester City, despite the club’s interest in a new full-back. City floated the idea of an extension at the end of last season and Walker was so keen that talks concluded swiftly. [@goal]

Plenty of financial/accounting reasons to give him a new contract and its a reward for his good work since he joined. No RB is perfect (other than Zaba)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.