Kyle Walker : 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could first of all, try scoring more of the chances we do create, rather than putting the onus on Walker, to create more of them.

Agreed, we do miss an awful lot of chances. Why that is, I am not sure.

However, surely you must agree that there is room for improvement with Walker's crossing ability. Especially compared to Zinny & Mendy on the other side able to deliver with considerable more quality.

I often feel as if play slows down when it reaches Walker, giving the opposition the chance to get back in shape. With a more confident and technically able right back, I feel it would be beneficial for breaking down stubborn defences.

Agreed, we do miss an awful lot of chances. Why that is, I am not sure.

However, surely you must agree that there is room for improvement with Walker's crossing ability. Especially compared to Zinny & Mendy on the other side able to deliver with considerable more quality.

I often feel as if play slows down when it reaches Walker, giving the opposition the chance to get back in shape. With a more confident and technically able right back, I feel it would be beneficial for breaking down stubborn defences.

Walker has a problem imo, which is that we don't have a cf to get on aerial crosses & 99% of teams park a bus in the 6 yard box, so there is no space to get the ball through.

So he thinks about what to do, rather than just hitting it first time.

Walker has a problem imo, which is that we don't have a cf to get on aerial crosses & 99% of teams park a bus in the 6 yard box, so there is no space to get the ball through.

So he thinks about what to do, rather than just hitting it first time.

I don't disagree with this, definitely times we are missing an Eden Dzeko figure.

However, Liverpool aren't notorious for tall attacking players, yet still manage to find a way. Albeit, a lot of their goals are scored on transition, they do still manage to score from crosses where the defence is camped in.

I don't disagree with this, definitely times we are missing an Eden Dzeko figure.

However, Liverpool aren't notorious for tall attacking players, yet still manage to find a way. Albeit, a lot of their goals are scored on transition, they do still manage to score from crosses where the defence is camped in.

Liverpool often have 3 defenders in midfield, so attack with fullbacks instead.

We could first of all, try scoring more of the chances we do create, rather than putting the onus on Walker, to create more of them.

Not putting the onus on him to create them. Just saying there is room for that side of his game to improve. I believe Laporte has more assists than him too which gives an indication as to where his weakness is and where he should try to improve.

Not putting the onus on him to create them. Just saying there is room for that side of his game to improve. I believe Laporte has more assists than him too which gives an indication as to where his weakness is and where he should try to improve.

Of course he should improve if he can, but for quite a bit of this season we have basically played with a lopsided back 3 & Walker has been pretty essential to stopping us from being mugged.

I watched Barca v Liverpool, & if they had Walker, they'd be in the final of the Champions League. That also goes for either of Fenandinho & Vincent Kompany.

If they'd had all 3, it would likely have been 0-0.
Maybe you are correct. Without Walker, Kompany and Fern, we'd be way below our level but my post was actually about exploring another dimension to our already great attack. If we had a fit Mendy on the other side (minus his occaisional defensive lapses), maybe it would be a tad better. But now we have minimal threat from our full backs.

Don't know how too-good-to-miss Bruno Fernandes will prove to be but I seriously would like us to get a cracking full back.

To me its his sloppiness spreads nerves through the team at times .He misplaces passes and then is caught ball watching as his mistake is exposed. Great when settled in but too many brain farts seem to be a part of his game.

I think we need a new RB that can push Walker. He needs competition bad, and for whatever reason, Danilo was not the guy to give him that push. (think Danilo should have gotten more minutes bu thats a different thread..)

Hopefully we can sign someone young that can properly pass and read the game but also learn from Walker and not need to start every game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.