Kyle Walker - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of our few who can actually run. So noticeable how otherwise slow we are.
At this level in this league, you have to be quick. More talented footballers with less pace will not be as effective as good players who are great athletes in the huge amount of games where teams can go from the edge of their boxes to the edge of their opponents’ boxes in seconds in greater volume of instances than any other league.

Obviously if you can find players with top quality and pace then you’re onto a winner!

I suspect this has a some small part of the problem in the squad. He thinks he is a leader but he doesn't strike me as the type of leader we need and far from what we had in Kompany.

Turning his back on play mid 2nd half was awful and the indiscipline the end showed a bad attitude imo.

To be fair to him he saved us plenty of times today so deserves credit for that also.

(Zabba apart we have been cursed at full back for as long as I can remember - part of City DNA for some reason)
at right back weve been fine our recruitment at left back has been the problem. Sagna, Danilo, and Walker have all been fine and i reckon cancelo will come good too. At left back the best weve probably had is clichy or maybe kolarov at a push which compared to the right backs weve bought isnt great.

at right back weve been fine our recruitment at left back has been the problem. Sagna, Danilo, and Walker have all been fine and i reckon cancelo will come good too. At left back the best weve probably had is clichy or maybe kolarov at a push which compared to the right backs weve bought isnt great.
Walker is OK at right - but among all RBs in the world... he's far down the list.

Walker is at best average on offense - crossing is not great - and on defense, he makes mistakes. His pace is great as is his team-ethic - always giving his all. Which means that on defense I really like him.

That said, he's not a WC RB IMO - we could use an upgrade there but it's not pressing.

I thought that was his best game for a long time. Switched on throughout and didn’t seem as negative with the ball as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.