Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else feeling slightly underwhelmed & unconvinced by both Walker & Mendy? Feels like we're going for physicality over technical ability with these two, interested to know other peoples' thoughts on that?

Is anyone else feeling slightly underwhelmed & unconvinced by both Walker & Mendy? Feels like we're going for physicality over technical ability with these two, interested to know other peoples' thoughts on that?
We really need some players who can hold their own and bully others,i'm not sure we need our fullbacks to be super technical

They are still two decent technical players though.

This for me is Guardiola adapting to the Premier League with him now knowing that whilst you need technical quality, you also need good athletes at fullback.

You are so wrong. We opt for speed and supreme crossing as the primary skills for our FB. Our wingers have speed and technical very gifted.

Physicality is hugely important, especially seeing as we have lost it in other areas such as our forwards and midfield. Also given how we now dominate possession, teams look to go long on the counter, particularly looking to win that first ball. Pace, strength and being good in the air are ideal traits to stifle that part of an opponents game plan, meaning less chances vs us and less goals conceded.

Last edited:
Can't say I'm aware of a long list of full backs who are much better.
I'll be happy if we get them but we have got neither so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.