Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
How good is Walker? I have full confidence in Mendy and Van Dijk, with Kompany and Ederson our defence should be one of the best in Europe. But Im still not sure about Walker, is he that good or just because he is HG? Im not talking about the Price which is of course way way too much, I just wonder about his quality

Very good imo. Would be great addition to our team.

Can't say I'm aware of a long list of full backs who are much better.
I'll be happy if we get them but we have got neither so far.
I think as it often happens, the stronger our interest in a player, say player X, the more folks begin to believe player X is top notch. And those who didn't think Player X, is great become less vocal and a consensus that the player we are interested in is great emerges.

That consensus conclusion is often not true. Just a belief built up by the group.

We were linked with Dybala a couple of years before Bony joined us
I don't think my point is negated by this fact. Nor do I even believe @Neville Kneville rumor.

Just saying the "Prem tested" reasoning is hogwash. Has been debunked many times, yet somehow continues. Bony over Dybala is simply an example of how its hogwash.

Not to mention, Aguero, Yaya, Silva, Kompany, Zaba and Hart ( the best 6 from our recent history). Only one was Prem tested.

I think as it often happens, the stronger our interest in a player, say player X, the more folks begin to believe player X is top notch. And those who didn't think Player X, is great become less vocal and a consensus that the player we are interested in is great emerges.

That consensus conclusion is often not true. Just a belief built up by the group.

The ultimate FIFA kid... Just out of interest; do you watch much top class live football?

Anyone with concerns over Walkers ability need not worry, he did after all win young player of the year ahead of Aguero.

I think that is a fair point but so is my original statement that I don't know of many full backs who are much better . My viewing is largely restricted to Premier league teams and a few CL matches including who we play and Internationals though I sometimes watch highlights of other leagues including Spanish and Italian.
I think Walker is one of the better premier league full backs. Coleman at Everton I rate as well but he is older currently seriously injured and not English. Shaw and Valencia are actually pretty good IMO but clearly not available and either injury prone or older. Bellerin is a flying machine but has I believe turned us down previously.
Mendy looks pretty good on the admittedly rather few times I've seen him. I am sure there are other decent full backs out there but are there many that are both better and available?
PS and we really need at least one of our incomings to be English trained though it needn't be at full back.

I think that is a fair point but so is my original statement that I don't know of many full backs who are much better . My viewing is largely restricted to Premier league teams and a few CL matches including who we play and Internationals though I sometimes watch highlights of other leagues including Spanish and Italian.
I think Walker is one of the better premier league full backs. Coleman at Everton I rate as well but he is older currently seriously injured and not English. Shaw and Valencia are actually pretty good IMO but clearly not available and either injury prone or older. Bellerin is a flying machine but has I believe turned us down previously.
Mendy looks pretty good on the admittedly rather few times I've seen him. I am sure there are other decent full backs out there but are there many that are both better and available?
PS and we really need at least one of our incomings to be English trained though it needn't be at full back.
I personally think Walker is great. Was amongst the original few who argued he was good enough. But as our interest got stronger the # of those who think he is shit has dwindled and gotten quieter.

That said, I'd have preferred Semedo. But from a price point issue, Ricardo Perreira would have been another I'd have suggested. I was also excited about the Heinrich link, admittedly I had only seen him a few times, but his pedigree was interesting.

That said, Walker for me was always one of the best English players we could add. So I'm not dissapointed with this.

Why would you want Spurs to squeeze as much money out of us as possible?
I personally want us to pay as little as possible.
Not from our perspective , but its his job to get the best possible for spurs, why anyone hates him for doing his job or any selling club wanting as much as possible from selling a player has always baffled me, its like people think the selling clubs should be doing us a favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.