Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would we think anything has changed from when tolmie, MCRJon & co. said it was done? Has something happened?
Levy always gets the best of clubs that deal with Spurs. Even if Walker wants to join our side, Spurs do not need to sell - and they probably won't unless we massively overpay.

Meanwhile, we're not stupid and realize this - I rather doubt that Walker will be in our side next season, Tolmie/MCRJon & co notwithstanding - I could be wrong - but we don't especially need Walker in particular and Spurs don't need to sell him.

Levy always gets the best of clubs that deal with Spurs. Even if Walker wants to join our side, Spurs do not need to sell - and they probably won't unless we massively overpay.

Meanwhile, we're not stupid and realize this - I rather doubt that Walker will be in our side next season, Tolmie/MCRJon & co notwithstanding - I could be wrong - but we don't especially need Walker in particular and Spurs don't need to sell him.

All of that was true 3 weeks ago, when it was "an open secret" amongst agents and journalists that Walker is coming here - what's changed to cause people to flap?

Are you hiding a plethora of quality right backs somewhere at city I don't know about? I'm pretty sure a home grown proven premier league right back is especially/exactly what we need..

Are you hiding a plethora of quality right backs somewhere at city I don't know about? I'm pretty sure a home grown proven premier league right back is especially/exactly what we need..
I agree - the question is, are we, as a club, willing to pay double or more than what we think he's actually worth?

We absolutely need a world class RB and a quality backup at RB this window - we do not need a homegrown player - and we do not need Walker in particular.

I agree - the question is, are we, as a club, willing to pay double or more than what we think he's actually worth?

We absolutely need a world class RB and a quality backup at RB this window - we do not need a homegrown player - and we do not need Walker in particular.
I admittedly don't know where we're up to with the home grown quota, it confuses me, but obviously another would be a plus.
I suppose from the money point I'd say that when we first began to buy for big bucks, the other team's stance of "add 15-20%" on top of the actual price just because it's us and we've loads of money to burn, really got on my tits. But now, looking at the competition in the league and Europe, I'd have to say we'd be better off getting Pep's/the clubs first choice players in and let the papers worry about the price.

I'm far from an ITK or an authority on these things. I just happy to know sumat on this particularly (for once) that I'm almost certain is 99.9% reliable and passing it on in good faith. Don't doubt that tolmie and Jon know a lot more than me in general!
They might well do but just posting it's done is misleading,ta for your info

I'm far from an ITK or an authority on these things. I just happy to know sumat on this particularly (for once) that I'm almost certain is 99.9% reliable and passing it on in good faith. Don't doubt that tolmie and Jon know a lot more than me in general!
I actually think it's a total done deal from the player's perspective. But we're dealing with Levy - even if Walker says he'll refuse to play for Spurs next year unless sold to City... so what from Spurs perspective. Spurs need to uphold the reputation of a club that will get top price for any deals they pursue - and Spurs have cover at RB at least (and perhaps a better RB) should Walker actually refuse to play.

The deck is stacked entirely in Spurs favor - and Spurs don't actually need to trade.

And for us - we need a world class RB and a backup RB this window - but other targets are available - if Spurs won't strike a reasonable deal, then there's other targets to pursue.

For me - this deal does not go through.

Doesn't MCRJON usually state it is done after a medical has been completed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.