Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe Hart is our 3rd choice keeper, and would be 4th choice if Gunn wasn't out on loan. That puts us in no position to negotiate a high fee. His value has plummeted.

Why don't we just cut our losses on Bravo and take a chance with Angus Gunn, we get more money for transfers and sort some of the HG quota out.

Agreed. But how come we seem to be the only one overpaying? Clyne is English right? Why did he cost a mere 12.5 million, yet his equal cost 45 2 years later? Bertrand on the other hand cos being reported for around 21 million. I'll bet you we get him for about 18 million. And this forum would go wild :).

Is Soares considered home grown? We simply need to do better.

Again, I know we might have to pay it. Just don't think its a good deal if we do.

The only ones? Chelsea are supposedly willing to pay much more for Sandro. Didn't someone bid 30M + for Deeney last Summer? The wide player the Rags are after has been mentioned at over 45M. Didn't Hull just sell a somewhat less than average CB for nearly 20M?

Prices have changed dramatically in the last season or 2.

He's already been loaned out.
I heard he wanted to but has it actually been signed? I would have thought they would hold back on finalising it in case we need him.

Does anyone know the actually amount of HG players we need with the current squad, may as well add Alves, Sanchez and Bonucci in there... how many do we need?

See what I mean folks... When we make 45 million seem okay, why wouldn't Totham think they could stab us with a 50?

For what its worth, this is the effect of overpaying for Stones. Totham is probably thinking, "well Walker is better than Stones who you paid 47 for... So pony up!"

And if we acquiesce, the next time there is a better than Walker English player we are interested in, watch Charlton or Fulham go "Well, we want 60 million, coz this guy is better and younger than Walker."

And folks here would be busy saying "in this market."

He is not wanted by us so we have no leverage as clubs know we just want rid,can't believe i would ever write that about joe
Even players who are not wanted by one club are often wanted by more than one other when they are decent players.
I think it's more Hart's wages that are the problem than our lack of need for him or even his ability, though perceptions of those have taken a bit of a knock in the last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.