Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main thing that is clobbering Hart's potential fee is probably his wages. I think we are paying him a lot.
Where our sales are of low wages players we don't struggle to sell,bwhere the players are on a lot (relative to their ability and others) we struggle to sell.

Any player under 21 doesn't count and you don't have to have a full squad, but if you do it's a minimum of 8 or to look at it another way a maximum of 27 over21 overseas players. At least that is my understanding.
I take it that's a typo or your just confusing me further with that haha... 17 Right? ;)

And until we start to produce our own young players good enough for the first team we will potentially need to overpay. Not all of the first team squad can be foreign, as you well know
Agreed. But how come we seem to be the only one overpaying? Clyne is English right? Why did he cost a mere 12.5 million, yet his equal cost 45 2 years later? Bertrand on the other hand cos being reported for around 21 million. I'll bet you we get him for about 18 million. And this forum would go wild :).

Is Soares considered home grown? We simply need to do better.

Again, I know we might have to pay it. Just don't think its a good deal if we do.

The price for good fullbacks didn't suddenly jump over 300% in 2 years.

It does when we're the buyer.
Sad but true.
For that price, we should walk. Show others we're not willing to pay over the odds.
This is Kyle Walker, not Lionel Messi. We can get similar for better money.

What the previous record for a FB is, is irrelevant. The price is set by the buyer not the seller. If we think he is worth 50, we will pay it.

Correct. Historic prices are irrelevant. Sandro is being touted at around 70M.

A team with 2 very good HG right backs probably wouldn't value him that highly. A different team without any right backs and needing a HG player would value him more highly. In reality he could be worth more to us than a much higher priced attacking players we have/will have plenty of those.

If he's a player we need and want, then we should pay whatever we feel he is worth to us.

Dom just pointed out the record is going to be 40m shortly from mendy. We're hard pressed for home grown and we're poaching from a rival club. That's definitely worth more than mendy.

5 years older, not as good. I disagree. Anyway we will see.

The main thing that is clobbering Hart's potential fee is probably his wages. I think we are paying him a lot.
Where our sales are of low wages players we don't struggle to sell,bwhere the players are on a lot (relative to their ability and others) we struggle to sell.
He is not wanted by us so we have no leverage as clubs know we just want rid,can't believe i would ever write that about joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.