Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Difficult balancing act, Tolm. Multiple changes isn’t an insurmountable problem, it’s more that the players leaving/touted to be leaving, are all top quality operatives who offer us something different to their colleagues. Gunders, Bernie, Walker, Mahrez. Gonna be very difficult to replace all 4, without losing something from the whole.
Kovacic is a decent replacement for Gundo (not a clone but a top player); no one else has actually gone yet.

Riyad definitely doesn't want to leave (but might).

Walker could well go but we've changed our shape so it's not the porblem it could be.

Bernie is tricky cos you need two or three players to replace him but we probably have more money to spend than anyone and have barely dipped our toe in yet.

The less we focused on Left back, the more we won. I'm not saying this is causal. But perhaps at a minimum, it's not as important as fans believe it is.

As for Kyle, I was always expecting he'd leave. The surprise would have been if he stayed. Great servant and top player. Now we must retool.

I sense we are going to lose a lot of backups this season. With Gundogan the only starter likely being lost ( I'm not sure Captain Marvelous would have been a full time starter next season either.) The only Certain starter we may lose is Bernardo. The rest will be role players who would need their roles covered.

I'm excited by the prospects of what we do.

Oh! Goodluck and Thank you Kyle!!
We gained more points last season playing with FB's??

In March Pep also clearly stated we were only playing with inverted RB's, because we lacked fullbacks who could get up & down the pitch, & be as equally effective at defending as going forward. He also said it was a situation we'd resolve this summer.

After losing Cancelo, & with Gomez not working out as hoped, the formations & tactics we opted for to cope with this fortunately worked well for us.

However I think it'll be a big mistake if we go forward relying on 6 CB's & no fullbacks, as this will limit our flexibility to adapt when inevitably teams discover the key to unlock the inverted fullback conundrum...

I’m hoping Kyle stays he’s a quality right back and showed once again at the back end of least season how good he was. I think now he’s won everything with City he may choose to leave and try something new.

Is it within the rules for Bayern to reach an agreement with Kyle - when he has a year left on his contract??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.