Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I'd take a quick look at a Bayern forum to gauge their thoughts on Pavard, and then found their Walker thread. It's true, they're genuinely the German rags. Cunts.

The international Bayern forums suck. There is a lot plastics. I like to correspond in English - but not in one of this forums.

I actually love Pavard even if a lot Bayern fans since years dream of a more offensive fullback. But - Bayern's most offensive actions and moves come from the right wing with Müller/Kimmich and whoever winger act a lot more on the right side. Pavard (from deep) often had his hands in the moves, too - but more important - saved their backs. He was very relieable as CF this season, too - no matter if with 3 or 4 in the back.

But - he wants to leave because he tries to find a place were he can play more often in a three-in-a-back as CF. And his contract runs out.

I do not know much about Walker - but I could imagine that the 2 transfers will be easily done per phone between Munich and Manchester.

the fact we're going through a big rebuild, is that maybe a hint that pep might be willing to stay beyond his current deal?
I don’t see it that way. A big rebuild is needed not just for the long term but the short term too. The only way to compete again after a three-peat and treble is by freshening up the squad. So it’s totally unrelated to Pep’s plans 2 years from now. It’s just what’s required to do well next season first and foremost. The worry is actually that we’re not going to freshen it up enough, imo.

We are better than them as of today, but if they get Kane they become a major threat.
He has bottled every single big moment of his career so far. He will be 30yrs old by the time he moves, going to a new country with new team mates and more pressure than he has ever felt before. Lets wait and see.

He is no forward. And technically he is average. He does have Kyle type speed, athleticism and youth though. So nothing to sneeze at.
Played forward for longer than he's played defender. Was a winger growing up. Plays winger / CF for Canada. I played against him at a Canadian national championship 8 years back and he was forward then too.

I don’t see it that way. A big rebuild is needed not just for the long term but the short term too. The only way to compete again after a three-peat and treble is by freshening up the squad. So it’s totally unrelated to Pep’s plans 2 years from now. It’s just what’s required to do well next season first and foremost. The worry is actually that we’re not going to freshen it up enough, imo.
that's a very good point, thinking about it, maybe we don't want a repeat of what happened earlier in the season and it took 115 charges to create a siege mentality for us to change from happy flowers to angry flowers lol

I think this window for us is a bit unique as we have potentially a lot of out goings with seemingly a lot clubs not able/willing to stump up our asking price. we're simply not just adding to the squad we need to maybe wait to see if the outgoings will be concrete before we can make our move?

Played forward for longer than he's played defender. Was a winger growing up. Plays winger / CF for Canada. I played against him at a Canadian national championship 8 years back and he was forward then too.
Nice name drop you still playing?
I also saw him play number 8 for Canada. Guys a very versatile and skilled player it's not just about speed

So a defensively better version of Rico?

I'd probably compare him to Stones in terms of profile.

Archetype ball playing defender that's intelligent in positioning, can bring the ball out and has a good short / long passing range. Very similar build to Stones too.

Very much a defender, rather than an attacking fullback like a Hakimi for example. But Pavard is probably more effective in the final third than any of the current RB options (obviously excluding Cancelo).

Of course not as good as Stones, but Pavard could surprise a few here I think.

Nice name drop you still playing?
I also saw him play number 8 for Canada. Guys a very versatile and skilled player it's not just about speed
The province I'm from is quite small so we usually get battered by the bigger teams. I'm still playing locally but the standard in my 500k person island is much lower than the teams from Quebec, Ontario, Alberta, and BC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.