Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I'd take a quick look at a Bayern forum to gauge their thoughts on Pavard, and then found their Walker thread. It's true, they're genuinely the German rags. Cunts.
on tm.de most are happy but think the fee is a bit high. bayern is in desperate need of leaders/guys who want to win, whatever it costs.

I'd say pavard would be a good signing but he is very different from walker and with kyle going to bayern we lose our only defensive option with real pace.

Agreed 100%...

Far be it for me to argue with Pep, however our lack of pursuing a LB (to my knowledge) & allowing our only senior RB leave without a replacement, is all speculation until the window closes.

I just don't get why we'd put all our eggs in one inverted defender basket, when Pep's shown a propensity for tactical & personnel flexibility. Hopefully I'm missing something...
The less we focused on Left back, the more we won. I'm not saying this is causal. But perhaps at a minimum, it's not as important as fans believe it is.

As for Kyle, I was always expecting he'd leave. The surprise would have been if he stayed. Great servant and top player. Now we must retool.

I sense we are going to lose a lot of backups this season. With Gundogan the only starter likely being lost ( I'm not sure Captain Marvelous would have been a full time starter next season either.) The only Certain starter we may lose is Bernardo. The rest will be role players who would need their roles covered.

I'm excited by the prospects of what we do.

Oh! Goodluck and Thank you Kyle!!

If Bayern sign Walker, let's pay 85m for Davies. Get it done Txiki!

Davies can ball out as a forward or a defender. Adds some speed to our attack and gives us our pacey man marking wingback (Assuming Walks is gone) for when we want to run that system. The guy can achieve levels under Pep. Canadian army knife?

View attachment 86364
He is no forward. And technically he is average. He does have Kyle type speed, athleticism and youth though. So nothing to sneeze at.

It's worked so far!

Sterling, Jesus, Zin.

I remember the meltdown on here last summer.

We brought in a £14m kid from Argentina and a bargain bucket from Dortmund.

Haaland is great, but he's not Messi.

The one thing Pep fears is stagnation. If these players are looking elsewhere, he already has his answer they aren't in the right mindset to go again.

The dressing room needs three or four new faces and we will get them.
the fact we're going through a big rebuild, is that maybe a hint that pep might be willing to stay beyond his current deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.