Kyle Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair point. Although, you have to look at it from the accused’s point of view. It’s well know that footballers can be targeted. Not saying that happened here but it does leave it open to interpretation. It’s an awful crime and the prosecution stats are damming. Innocent people have also been accused of a a crime they did not commit.

It is a genuine shame that we allow women/girls to be treated in this way.
yeah but even with evidence those cases often get dropped or result in not guilty verdicts. the amount of olympics level
mental gymnastics from arsenal fans for
example makes me sick. sure, fans don’t get to decide which players their clubs buy or put on the pitch but in hakimi’s case, why would anyone go and buy a player under investigation for rape is truly beyond my comprehension.

Don't give a shit if him/his agent are using Bayern for a new deal here - as long as he signs up. He's way too unique in terms of pace, belief and leadership to let go without a fight.

If he wants a new challenge then fine but if wants a new deal then we should be all over it IMO.

Hope that is true. Mirror tho!

Still, we should not fear losing players. Replacements will be found.
Walker's got a young family, is settled & has a good life in Manchester, & has recently stated living here is handy because he's within spitting distance of his family in Sheffield.

He's an England International, playing for the best club in the world, where he's very highly rated & respected too.

Yes his nose has probably been put out of joint because he's been in & out of the team, with Pep saying he wasn't suited to playing as an inverted FB, & because didn't start in the CL final, BUT I think his biggest concern is career security.

If he's offered a 2 year extension on his current deal taking him to 36, I reckon he'll snap City's hand off!

Walker's future was in doubt until we bought Cancelo. Before that his club & England form was patchy to say the least. Cancelo's arrival saw a marked uptick in his form, & he cemented his No 1 RB status for both club & country.

Perhaps Pep's inverted comments & him not starting on the CL Final is the kick up the arse Pep thinks he needs. Stones stepping out from CB to double pivot means Walker can play as RB & RCB.

HOWEVER, there's the Akanji question. He's been absolutely brilliant since he arrived & Pep obviously likes & trusts him. Walker will once again have to step up & prove he's the best in the world at what he does & that he can play an inverted role if required.

We've got a potential 65 games next season, & this will tax even a squad as strong as ours, so everyone will get their chance.

If Walker remains, it's a nice defensive problem to have. Perhaps then we can go & destabilise Bayern in return by putting in a bid for Davies! :-)

Don't give a shit if him/his agent are using Bayern for a new deal here - as long as he signs up. He's way too unique in terms of pace, belief and leadership to let go without a fight.

If he wants a new challenge then fine but if wants a new deal then we should be all over it IMO.
Absolutely agree.
But crazy enough in a Pep team there's a player who very often does a great job while better not touching the ball at all. And I'm not being negative at all, it's his true strength/weakness profile!

Great football player without being a great football player, if that makes any sense... And so many top players still in his pocket :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.